Do You Regret Having Different Types of Shampoos?

My permanent shampoos are as follows:

Verifen Complex Beneficial Phase Shampoo
Cream of Nature Shampoo (detangling/ultra moisturizing formula)
Elasta QP Conditioning Cream Shampoo
Proclaim Olive Oil Glossing Shampoo

Carson Soft Sheen Breakthru Shampoo - I won't be replacing this, but it does the job, though. My other shampoos are better.

Thanks ladies!

The ORS Olive Oil Creamy Aloe Shampoo - it is what ORS includes in the relaxer kit. The bottle says it removes calcium build up, restores moisture, gently cleans and neutralizes. I must admit that my hair does not feel stripped when I use it.

Really Americka? It strips mine really bad. It really works to remove build-up for sure and so now I have to heavily dilute it before adding to my scalp and let it run off my hair and add a moisturizing DC like right away. I like it but I can see why it's used after a relaxer or in extreme cases of build-up.

When I want to clarify my hair I have to stick with Elucence and Creme Of Nature. Mizani Puriphyl is awesome too and non-stripping for my hair. My staple clarifying poos are by Elucence and Mizani.

Terri bought me some AO Green Tea Clarifying Poo over a month ago but I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out yet (Thanks girlie:kiss:). I am hoping I like it a lot to replace the Mizani one I have. I'm sticking with Elucence no matter what.

Last edited:
Technically I have three shampoos (the Hydratherma Naturals Moisture Boosting Shampoo was a sample that came w/ the growth lotion):

V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo
Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo
Fantasia IC Tea Tree Shampoo (used when I have braids)

I don't regret them because they all have their purposes.

Really Americka? It strips mine really bad. It really works to remove build-up for sure and so now I have to heavily dilute it before adding to my scalp and let it run off my hair and add a moisturizing DC like right away. I like it but I can see why it's used after a relaxer or in extreme cases of build-up.

Hey Ms Aggie!
Yes, the ORS does not leave my hair feeling stripped. Now, the Pantene Clarifying left me feeling stripped - it worked TOO well. The ORS is reserved for neutralizing and major clarifying, but I think the Suave Kids 2n1 Free and Gentle might become my staple shampoo. It is very gentle, non-stripping and free of any scents. I'm going to test it a few more time before I get too happy and make it a certified staple.

I have 12 shampoos,many sulfate free and I have no regrets.
My shampoo serve different purposes,protein,moisture,clarifying,dandruff etc

I only have 3 shampoos and I use them but maybe once a month to every 6 weeks.

ORS Creamy Aloe: used to clarify/chelate
Fiberguard Normalizing shampoo: used after touch ups
Suave Humectant: used after a henna since co-washing doesn't seem to get all of the henna from my scalp.

Other than that I use Ayurveda powders to clean my hair and scalp weekly.

i used herbal essences since i was about 10 (~13 yrs) :yep: (and a discontinued st ives product before that). This year I've switched to mostly natural products (soap, deo, hair stuff, lotions, food) and I dont regret trying different ones.

I first tried aubrey organic honeysuckle rose shampoo, but it didn't suds enough for me (hard water - ended up using too much to justify the cost).

I have been using dr bronner's castille soap as body and facial soap for a few weeks...and just used it as shampoo today...

loveeee it! :drunk:

Back