DO YOU REALLY NEED A HIGH PROTEIN TREATMENT?

MzOptimistic

Ladies,

I ask this question because I am following Carolyn Gray's Book "The Black Woman's Guide to Beautiful Healthier Hair in 6 Weeks"

In her book she mentions aphogee treatment for damaged hair but she does not have it included in her six week regimen.

Each week she does something different to her hair and I follow her books and use basically everything that she use with the exception of adding a few updated products (thanks to you ladies) anyhoo...within the six weeks I use aphogee 2 min reconstructor, motions cpr hair treatment, fantasia aloe/vitamins anti-breakage formula deep penetrating creme, and aubrey organic conditioner gpb....I follow her book to the T along with the advice and opinions of the ladies on this board and my hair has acquired more length and way less breakage and split ends....So my question is Do I really need to use a strong protein treatment like aphogee or nexxus or can I continue to just use only the products I am currently using for my protein treatments....see I am scared of aphogee because some ladies said it broke their hair off and I do not want to risk losing my length because I am on the hide my hair until christmas challenge and my goal for december will be for my hair to be past shoulder length and I don't want to sabotage my length by using aphogee or nexxus....ladies I'm scurred.....December will also be my 1 year mark of being on this board.....

Last edited:
From what you wrote I would say NO! Seems like you are doing just fine. If you are using CPR and 2 min. recon in your rotation that is enough. The Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair is an intense strong protein that should be used only when your hair is really damaged and breaking and all else fails. If you aren't having any type of serious breakage or shedding I would say just leave it alone.

Adrian said:
From what you wrote I would say NO! Seems like you are doing just fine. If you are using CPR and 2 min. recon in your rotation that is enough. The Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair is an intense strong protein that should be used only when your hair is really damaged and breaking and all else fails. If you aren't having any type of serious breakage or shedding I would say just leave it alone.

Thank you Adrian,

I thought that you needed to have a strong protein treatment with something like aphogee every six weeks but I guess not....

Thanks for replying:)

Back