Do you notice a difference.......

mariofmagdal

Between rinsing your hair with cool, warm, or hot water?

I was told you should always rinse conditioner with cold/cool water. So I have, but I rinsed my hair in the shower with hot water and found my hair shrunk more and was really puffy......What's up with that? Is there any real reasoning behind rinsing with cold/cool water?

I havent notice anything different, It just one of those things I do and don't really think about it. Cause once the cold water it the rest of my body, Im just trying to warm back up. So I don't really follow up to see if it do anything spectacular. I have times forgotton to rinse in cool water, but didn't notice I missed.

I haven't noticed a difference either, and I have also used Cold Distilled water and no difference, even though I use it for my Daily spritz.

I've been doing cold water rinses for about 10 years now. I read somewhere that the cold water seals the cuticle, which gives you incredible shine. And it's true.

I've rinsed a few times with cold water but didn't see a difference...so I stopped. Now, I wash and rinse with warm water.

oh man thats ANOTHER thing I cant be faithful too. I love steamy hot showers if teh water is slightly warm it ticks me off. Imagine the cold rinses? Thats a hell to da naw for me. UNLESS**** Im washing my hair in a sink which I dont really do anymore.

i've done it a couple of times before. i think the first time my hair felt extra soft but there aftere i didnt noticed any difference and since its cold now i dont really care to try.

I've rinsed my hair with cool water and my hair didn't respond well. It seemed very brittle, afterwards. I've heard it works well for some, but I don't bother anymore.

I do a final cold water rinse everytime I wash and condition my hair and I have noticed a difference. I do think it seals the cuticles and I swear my hair is softer.

Really I haven't noticed any difference when I rinse with cold water, but I do like the feeling it gives my scalp as long as its not too cold outside! lol

I have been finishing with a cool tea rinse and I find my hair is shinner when it is dry then when I use warm/hot water in my final rinse.

Back