Do you know the meaning of your name...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I ask because my name is Raquel Marie which I love, however, the english variation of my name is Rachel Mary which most of my life I hated until I realized something.

Rachel - the mother of Joseph

Mary - the mother of Jesus

When I realized that my mother blessed me with the names of two women who sons were what can I say great biblical men for a lack of a better word, I started to appreciate my name a lot more. Now when people call me Rachel I dont get mad I just smile.

The funny thing is that my son's name starts with a J also and I didn't plan it that way.

How about your name!

I know that my name supposedly means fairy queen and it's russian but there is no biblical meaning to it.

My first name has Russian roots and Hebrew origins.

In the Hebrew, my name means "date palm" or "palm tree", which is used as a symbolic oriental name due to the beauty and fruitfulness of the tree.

I think this fits me because palm trees grow in tropical climates and I like tropical climates MUCH better than the winters. Also, palm trees are still standing after hurricanes, which says that palm trees bend but they don't break, hallelujah! And, palm trees grow bananas and bananas are my favorite fruit!

My name is Jessica. It is of Hebrew origin. Jessica was also a name coined by Shakespeare (from the Old Testament Iscah or Jesca) in "The Merchant of Venice" for Shylock's daughter, a young Jewish woman who elopes with Lorenzo and converts to Christianity.

I've seen several meanings for my name (see list below):

"Gift of God"
"Grace of God"
"God beholds"
"He sees"
"Virgin, always will be"
"Rich"

Danielle, female version of Daniel = Gd is my judge

Love my name. Named my daughter that to. If I have another son, his name will be Daniel.:yep: Love that name.

Danielle, female version of Daniel = Gd is my judge

Love my name. Named my daughter that to. If I have another son, his name will be Daniel.:yep: Love that name.

Ithought about naming my daughter Monica II. I thought that would be nice.

Ithought about naming my daughter Monica II. I thought that would be nice.

If I liked my first name my daughter would have been ***** Danielle Lewis, Jr.:lachen: I know several women who have done this. Men do it, why can't we.

I think Monica II is nice. Go for it.

When I was talking about naming my daughter after me, everyone in my family and DH family thought I was crazy. I thought, she is mine, I'm carrying her and I have to birth her.

Now she dislikes that name.:perplexed Hopefully she grow to love it. I believe in children being named after someone positive. Give them someone to live up to.

My first name is of Hebrew origin and is the female form of Job, which means persecuted. However, several years ago my husband bought a mug for me with my name on it and its meaning that said "Praise the Lord".

My middle name is of French and/or Latin origin. In French it means praiseworhty in Latin it means priceless.

I heard it mean "from the ash tree"

or. many people say it doesn't mean anything..the name was the last name of one of the richest men in England for a while so everyone started naming their kids his last name (in the 17/1800s) not very meaningful:ohwell:

My first name means "Womanly" (Greek origin)

My middle name means "God is gracious." (Hebrew origin)

My last name means "lord of Passions"; someone who has subdued his/her passions and renounced the world, professing a life of religion (Sanskrit/Hindu origin).

My first name is arabic and means "trustyworthy, faithful, woman of peace."
It's also the name of Mohammed the prophet

And it's my grandma's name :rolleyes:

My name is Renee and it means renewed/reborn. That's prophetic. :)

I never looked up my middle name.

Hold on, I gotta call my mama and ask her. My name is unique, she made it up along with the origin. I'll BRB.:yep:

ETA: Per my mom the meaning of my name is: One who will stand out in the world.:grin:

Last edited:
Hold on, I gotta call my mama and ask her. My name is unique, she made it up along with the origin. I'll BRB.:yep:

ETA: Per my mom the meaning of my name is: One who will stand out in the world.:grin:

Your name is very unique. I am still trying to get it roll off my tongue right. One day, One day...I will get there!

My name Is of the Latin origin and means joy and gladness. I think it fits me.:yep:

I used to hate my name. It was just different and no one else had it so I thought it was ugly.

The older I got I realized that unique is good. I have only met one person how spells their name like me, too. Whoever I tell someone my name they always say, "That's pretty!:" I guess I needed to grow up to appreciate my name.

Ayannah - a Beautiful Flower
Nadirah - Rare and Precious

I didnt make it up, LOL! I really love my name.

My Nigerian name is "Amarachi". In the Igbo language, it loosely means "God's Grace". My grandfather gave me that name when I was two years old, until then, I didn't have an actual "Nigerian" name...long story!

my name is biblical....
I think hebrew in origin the root name is Yochanan
anywho Joanna means God is GRACIOUS
my middle name is Lee I dont know what it means if anything but i do know that my family on both sides pass it down.
I love the meaning of my name so if God blesses me with children my daughter will be Joanna, and my son will be Joseph Isaiah (Joaseph is my dads name and my mom loves the name Isaiah) I also plan on giving my children biblical first names and African middle names which my aunt and uncle from Ghana are gonna help me out with.... I know u didnt ask for all that I just thought i would share

Back