DO you have thin hair? Want BLACK and strong hair? Step in

Ladyhenri

OK...so i'm sitting here with indigo in my hair (after henna) and i'm researching different methods of strengtening and darkening hair and i stumble across this method of hennaing.

Pls see link

http://www.hennaforhair.com/indigo/ravenblack.html

I have since figured out that to reach any hair goals, i have to have STRONG hair. No use having BSL hair if i'm too afraid to even run my hands through it.:look: I have always had thin, fragile hair and loooved jet black hair so it caught my eye. First thing i noticed is that it seems very complicated...its like an 8 week routine!
But then i kept looking back at the featured hair. GORGEOUS!!
The routine is supposed to give jet black, thick, glossy hair (ie the hair i wish i had:mad:) at the end of 8 weeks.

There is a long list of things to buy, and it recquires commitment, but from my thin haired point of view, if it gives me half of that lady's strength and thickness, I've got to give it a shot.
I intend to start this routine on the first of may...and do a lot of shopping before then (letting loose the PJ in me ;))
And i just blew £67 on hair stuff yesterday (approximately $132) Ah well:ohwell:)

What do you guys think??

Last edited:
I may try this, but I'm not buying or adding all those ingredients to my mixture. I will keep it very simple. The key is consecutive applications of henna/indigo.

I heard so many good things about henna and indigo that I will try it in may after my university semester.
but to thicken my hair during that time, I plan on baggying my whole hair with scurl moisturizer and castor oil (maskriti oil) everynight for a month.

I saw a girl doing that and if I can get half of what she had in three months, I would be very happy.

The henna procedure frightens me a bit though. And since I want my hair jet black, I feel I'll have to put newsparers everywhere in my bathroom to prevent the stains....

amwcah said:
I may try this, but I'm not buying or adding all those ingredients to my mixture. I will keep it very simple. The key is consecutive applications of henna/indigo.

I feel you. consecutive Hennas + Indigos are definately the key, but the other ingredients cant hurt......

WTH, its a sunday afternoon and i've got the time. I will research these ingredients and see what i should use and what i dont need to use.
This being said, i need thick hair and will do just about anything for it!:cool:

sweetpuff said:
I heard so many good things about henna and indigo that I will try it in may after my university semester.
but to thicken my hair during that time, I plan on baggying my whole hair with scurl moisturizer and castor oil (maskriti oil) everynight for a month.

I saw a girl doing that and if I can get half of what she had in three months, I would be very happy.

The henna procedure frightens me a bit though. And since I want my hair jet black, I feel I'll have to put newsparers everywhere in my bathroom to prevent the stains....

Girl, firstly, your hair look very nice and thick!!:)

This being said, henna plus indigo is not as hard as it may sound to be. I have a white bathroom literally (tiles, paint sink...shower curtain:eek:) but so far (after about 7 henna = indigos) none of then have suffered. I just wipe or wash after use and dont get any permanent stains.
It will be messy at first but i once you get used to the routine and sorround yourself with all you need, its not that bad;)

Her procedure calls for Indigo FIRST rather than applying the henna first. Hmmm...that's odd, but I'll think about trying this. I'm definitely doing Indigo two weeks after my touch up.

Henrietta said:
OK...so i'm sitting here with indigo in my hair (after henna) and i'm researching different methods of strengtening and darkening hair and i stumble across this method of hennaing.

Pls see link

http://www.hennaforhair.com/indigo/ravenblack.html

I have since figured out that to reach any hair goals, i have to have STRONG hair. No use having BSL hair if i'm too afraid to even run my hands through it.:look: I have always had thin, fragile hair and loooved jet black hair so it caught my eye. First thing i noticed is that it seems very complicated...its like an 8 week routine!
But then i kept looking back at the featured hair. GORGEOUS!!
The routine is supposed to give jet black, thick, glossy hair (ie the hair i wish i had:mad:) at the end of 8 weeks.

There is a long list of things to buy, and it recquires commitment, but from my thin haired point of view, if it gives me half of that lady's strength and thickness, I've got to give it a shot.
I intend to start this routine on the first of may...and do a lot of shopping before then (letting loose the PJ in me ;))
And i just blew £67 on hair stuff yesterday (approximately $132) Ah well:ohwell:)

What do you guys think??

I was just reading that a few days ago. I'm trying to gather all my ingredients. I keep forgetting things when I go shopping. I plan to start Tuesday night. I got my Henna and Indigo this week.

Serenity_Peace said:
Her procedure calls for Indigo FIRST rather than applying the henna first. Hmmm...that's odd, but I'll think about trying this. I'm definitely doing Indigo two weeks after my touch up.

I agree I haev never heard of it being done like that. I use henna 1st and then indigo and I get jet black hair.

Henna alone does not make my hair stronger, though. I still need protein, but I have a problem with my hair being overmoisturized sometimes. I need the protein because of that. The henna just doesn't fix that. But, I notice that my Henna treatments done about 2 weeks after protein treatments are much better for some reason. So alternating protein and henna keeps my hair strong and keeps that overmoisturizing problem in check.

HoneyDew said:
I agree I haev never heard of it being done like that. I use henna 1st and then indigo and I get jet black hair.

Henna alone does not make my hair stronger, though. I still need protein, but I have a problem with my hair being overmoisturized sometimes. I need the protein because of that. The henna just doesn't fix that. But, I notice that my Henna treatments done about 2 weeks after protein treatments are much better for some reason. So alternating protein and henna keeps my hair strong and keeps that overmoisturizing problem in check.
How do I get the almost black hair? Got the henna part done. Please tell me the mix for darkest brown or off black. TIA

eajaye2u said:
How do I get the almost black hair? Got the henna part done. Please tell me the mix for darkest brown or off black. TIA

You can actually mix henna and Indigo for that. Like 2 part henna/one part indigo or 2 parts indigo and one part henna. I did that once and got off black hair brownish hair. Henna followed by indigo gave me jet back.

Strand test to be sure though. I did not strand test but I liked my color for both methods.

Edited to add:

I do mine the way Henna Sooq Suggests. Mix the Indigo alone first and then after letting it sit for 10 min or so, add it to the henna and any other ingredients you want.

Last edited:
ravenmerlita said:
The recipe includes adding corn syrup to the henna. Anyone know what that does for the hair?

Not sure. The only thing I used in my mix was henna, conditioner and oil then a week later, indigo ,conditioner and oil.

HoneyDew said:

This sounds like a good plan. I really want jet black hair...well, really BLUE black hair. I love it. Anyway, I think you ladies here are correct. It doesn't seem like all those ingredients are necessary. Check out Catherine's daughter's jet black hair. Her procedure is very simple and she has BLUE BLACK, gorgeous hair. All she did was mix and apply the henna FIRST, then Indigo immediately after, using equal parts of each.

Henrietta said:
Girl, firstly, your hair look very nice and thick!!:)

This being said, henna plus indigo is not as hard as it may sound to be. I have a white bathroom literally (tiles, paint sink...shower curtain:eek:) but so far (after about 7 henna = indigos) none of then have suffered. I just wipe or wash after use and dont get any permanent stains.
It will be messy at first but i once you get used to the routine and sorround yourself with all you need, its not that bad;)

Thanks for the compliment! it was texturized( Scurl) and flat ironed with a CHI when I took the picture. Now I am Relaxed so my hair lay flat a little more.

And thanks also for the tips! I cant wait to get everything to start!!

HoneyDew said:
You can actually mix henna and Indigo for that. Like 2 part henna/one part indigo or 2 parts indigo and one part henna. I did that once and got off black hair brownish hair. Henna followed by indigo gave me jet back.

Strand test to be sure though. I did not strand test but I liked my color for both methods.

Edited to add:

I do mine the way Henna Sooq Suggests. Mix the Indigo alone first and then after letting it sit for 10 min or so, add it to the henna and any other ingredients you want.

thanks neighbor:)

Serenity_Peace said:
This sounds like a good plan. I really want jet black hair...well, really BLUE black hair. I love it. Anyway, I think you ladies here are correct. It doesn't seem like all those ingredients are necessary. Check out Catherine's daughter's jet black hair. Her procedure is very simple and she has BLUE BLACK, gorgeous hair. All she did was mix and apply the henna FIRST, then Indigo immediately after, using equal parts of each.

henna plus indigo give me very dark hair (its currently no1 black/ darker than number one) and i do my henna + indigo exactly as you described, but i guess for me i also Neeeed thickness and this is why i am gonna try this.... My hair is really fragile and i want long STRONG hair. I think using henna+indigo back to back should achieve this?

This being said, where can i find catherine's daughter's recipe?

sweetnlow06 said:
I was just reading that a few days ago. I'm trying to gather all my ingredients. I keep forgetting things when I go shopping. I plan to start Tuesday night. I got my Henna and Indigo this week.

Girl, i wish you could start in May with me:(
I would start sooner, but i need to do more research and order my indigo.

Back