Do you have a widow's peak?

gone_fishing

I went to my hair dresser early early early this morning and I explain that the middle of my hair line is waaaay lower than the sides. Since my hairline wasn't really a line and the sides seemed farther back I thought I had thin sides even though it didn't look like it.

She examines my hair and tells me that the hair lower on the front of my forehead is a widow's peak. A poofy one being an african american and that's why the sides look further back.

So I have a poof in the front. I don't know what to do with it though. It looks horrible if I'm not wearing bangs (IMO)

Does anyone else have a widow's peak?

I went to my hair dresser early early early this morning and I explain that the middle of my hair line is waaaay lower than the sides. Since my hairline wasn't really a line and the sides seemed farther back I thought I had thin sides even though it didn't look like it.

She examines my hair and tells me that the hair lower on the front of my forehead is a widow's peak. A poofy one being an african american and that's why the sides look further back.

So I have a poof in the front. I don't know what to do with it though. It looks horrible if I'm not wearing bangs (IMO)

Does anyone else have a widow's peak?
I have one. I used to shave it off, but now I have started growing it out. It comes to my eyes now, I'm so happy I can pull it back into ponytails.

My hair looks best parted in the middle in a low pony, the widows peak is not detectable that way.

I had to learn to love it. Its a pain sometimes.:ohwell:

I have one and a cow's lick:ohwell: so i can never have bangs, my hair naturally parts on its own down the middle. I've just grown to accept it

I have one, I like it, it runs in the family.

My college roommate once told me I should shave it off and I was highly offended.

I asked her then why didn't she shave off her long monkey sideburns?

I have one and my sister has had one too but she cut it off. Its funny how its centrually located, helps me part my hair in the middle. I used to hate it as a child, now I just live with it.

I have one, though it's small. My sister calls it my "Eddie Munster" :rolleyes:. I like mine. I pull my hair back all the time.

I'm confused.

I thought Vanessa Williams has a widow's peak? If so, I like it, it wouldn't be something that I would want to hide or shave off.

Also what is a cow's lick? I know it has something to do with hair, but could someone post a pic or give a detailed description of what it is??

I have one. I used to shave it off when I was younger, but now I don't mind it and when I part my hair down the middle, it's not even noticeable.

I'm confused.

I thought Vanessa Williams has a widow's peak? If so, I like it, it wouldn't be something that I would want to hide or shave off.

Also what is a cow's lick? I know it has something to do with hair, but could someone post a pic or give a detailed description of what it is??

I have a widows peak so does my mom and uncle, aunt, brothers and sister so I always thought they were normal and cute. My sis just had a baby and the baby doesn't have one when me and my sis realized that we were kinda weirded out

A cow lick is just a piece of hair that grows strangly like it will sit right up in your hair when the rest is down or it will only go to one side no matter what you do. Think a natural alphapha (little rascals)

I'm confused.

She does have a slight widow's peak. Mine is about like hers too. I think they're pretty.

She does have a slight widow's peak. Mine is about like hers too. I think they're pretty.

I love how they look with the widows peak. If I could pull it off so effortlessly, I wouldn't have shaved mine off for so long:
1361341241.jpg

vanessa_williams.jpg

yes...but what's so special about it? it looks crazy when i have lots of new growth...:perplexed

I read somewhere that a widow's peak used to be considered a sign of royalty. I don't have one. But my mom and brother do.

i have one. Never noticed it much till people started talking about it. Guess mine isn't as prominent... or maybe I'm just used to it. But I do hate my hairline pattern at times (not cuz of my peak tho)

I have one and I've always hated it!!! This is the first time I've heard people say they actually like them.:perplexed

I have one and it never bothered me. My 10 year old son has one and he just recently decided he likes a straight line across his forehead.

I have...I like it...Never thought it was a big deal until my S/O told me a couple weeks ago thats one of his favorite thing about my face:rolleyes:

I have one, so does my son. I always forget about it, but now I've noticed how much it grew. My son's barber asked me a few weeks ago, if i wanted him to cut my son's peak off. i told him no:-) i like it*

I have one. I used to shave it off, but now I have started growing it out. It comes to my eyes now, I'm so happy I can pull it back into ponytails.

My hair looks best parted in the middle in a low pony, the widows peak is not detectable that way.

I had to learn to love it. Its a pain sometimes.:ohwell:

I have one & my sister & brother teased me when I was in the 5th grade & I shaved it off, but now I want to grow it back, but did you keep it covered and how long did it take?

I have one & my sister & brother teased me when I was in the 5th grade & I shaved it off, but now I want to grow it back, but did you keep it covered and how long did it take?

Well, all this time I didn't even know I had one. I just thought my hairline was haywire...

Yep, I have one and I used to shave it off when I was a teenager.:spinning: But I finally gave up and around age 22 I accepted it!

Back