Do you guys use the AO shampoos along with the Conditioners?

justnotsure

I am actually getting ready to order some AO products and I was wondering if you guys are using the corresponding shampoos or mainly just the conditioners? I plan on ordering the HSR conditioner and the White Camellia shampoo and condish. Also the B5 gel and the Mandarin Jelly.

This is my first experience w/ this brand so any suggestions would be helpful! Also, I'm ordering from vitacost because they seem to be the cheapest!

Thanks ladies!

Good question, I have just ordered the AO HSR shampoo and conditioner and was wondering do I really need to!!?? (bit late now for me, lol) I also ordered the island set because it came with the free shampoo.

NOPE!!!

I LOVE me some AO, but the shampoos....:nono::nono::nono: :naughty: my hair feels like a brillo pad afterwards :afro:. If there is an AO shampoo that doesn't strip the hair, I would love to know about it. :yep:

I haven't used AO shampoos in a long time. When I was a newborn on LHCF, I did get an AO shampoo (I can't remember off the top of my head which it was.) It was gentle and didn't sud like other shampoos but it also left my hair feeling coated. It reminded me of when I was a kid and I had chicken pox and had to take a herbal bath (some leaves that would be soaking in the water). It stopped the itching but your skin was coated with this sticky herbal film. I later read about that being an issue with a particular ingredient in the shampoos...and I didn't like that so never tried another. (Sorry this is such a vague post... :lachen: I'll stop while I'm ahead)....

ETA OK, I remembered the shampoo. It was J.A.Y. Desert Herb Revitalizing Shampoo and I particularly picked it because it was for dry damaged hair.

That's all I came back to say; I don't remember any more so...er... Bye!
Runfast-vi.gif

Last edited:
I used the Island naturals shampoo once and never used that sucker again. My hair felt terrible! I love the conditioners I've used from them (IN, WC, HSR) but I don't think I'll try any more of their shampoos.

No, I only have the conditioners for HSR and White Camellia.

I don't really like shampoo and I don't own very much shampoo. My $$$ go to conditioners.

I use both the AO HoneySucke rose Conditioner and Shampoo. The shampoo can be quite harsh and not very moisturizing. My hair is short now so I'm not having that issue but I know from past experience when it's longer it is not going to work out. :nono: I'll have to switch to another shampoo soon.

White Camellia shampoo - I absolutely loved this and it was a staple for about 3 years. I recently tried black soap and that works well for my hair also, as I already use black soap for my face and body I will just use up the WC shampoo that I have and not reorder.

GBP shampoo - I hate this as it is so stripping that I am struggling to use it up. Next time I have to shampoo, I am going to add some White Camellia conditioner to it to see if that makes a difference

Honeysuckle Rose shampoo - did not strip my hair but left a white film on my scalp so did not work for me

The corresponding conditioners are all staples for me

Last edited:
I've only used the conditioners. I've heard too many negative reviews about the shampoo, so I won't bother.

I tried the Honeysuckle rose and Island naturals shampoo one time for each brand. Both made my hair feel like tumbleweed. Condish is good, shampoo was garbage.

I only purchase the Conditioners.:yep:

I do, however have the AO Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. I only use (and buy) shampoo(s) to clarify.

I purchased the matching shampoos & conditioners in HSR and Rosa Mosqueta. I only have the GPB condish. I use the poos every now & then. I like what they do for my hair by not having sulfates. But, I like my hair to feel "silky" and moisturized after using poo, which is why I only use CON green label regularly when I do shampoo once/month. I think their poos could be more moisturizing and not make our hair feel so much like straw! But, then again, they aren't made for "our" hair specifically. Not surprised at the results for that reason.

Last edited:
I love HSR shampoo and White Camellia Shampoo. I use the HSR conditioner but the White Camellia conditioner is my favorite!!

What I am learning is that different things work for different people!! Which is good in a way, but bad if you need to be consistent!Lol!

I am going to see what the shampoo is like, if it is bad, will use it to clean something instead, great thread op!!

Thanks for all of your input! I think I'm just going to order conditioners for right now. I have staple shampoos that I like and work just fine for me. You guys use any styling products by AO?

Thanks for all of your input! I think I'm just going to order conditioners for right now. I have staple shampoos that I like and work just fine for me. You guys use any styling products by AO?

Frizzbuster!!!! Also good when preparing for flatironing.

8512.jpg

Ingredients

Aqua, Calcium Pantothenate, Aloe, Aloe Vera, Aloe Vera Oil, Topical Ester-C®, Acacia Senegal Gum, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng Root, Magnolia Blossom Extract, Angelica Archangelica, Chrysanthemum Morifolium, Earth Smoke, Morus Alba, Mandarin Orange Peel Extract, Citrus Paradisi, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin E.

I used HSR shampoo. I will not be going down that lane again anytime soon. Tangled my hair horribly and left it feeling like a pumice stone. Waste of money. HSR conditioner, white camelia conditioner and GPB are pretty good though.

Back