do you gel your edges?

Golong

I have been in a constant battle with my edges. I'm finally getting some length but ng is a killa. I use to use Pro-line (dark) gel but read on here that its too much protein. So I swiched to African Essence (Pink) styling gel. Is this stuff better? (It was free with a purchase @ a BSSso i'm a little scared) OR is there something you ladies are using that i'm not aware of?

Hi

I use smooth and shine curl activator aloe vera gel on my edges. Any type aloe vera gel will do the trick and it is good for the hair/scalp.

I don't gel my edges, but I do apply leave-in on my edges to smooth them out. Sometimes if I have to go somewhere important and i don't want my edges to puff up, but i don't want to relax all of my hair(b/c i'm stretching) them i'll use a just 4 me and put it on my edges for 5 min and neutralize.

Thanx for the sugesstions. I'm gonna start with the aloe vera gel. I bought that by accident, thinking it was hand sanitizer. now I have a reason to use it. :)

I use Paul Mitchell Waxworks I love it I dont use gel at all. My hairdresser loves it also a old hairdresser that I went to hipped me on to it. Its great for braid outs also! It has a lot of oils in it and when you take your hair down its soft & moistured (if you use it for twists) But its sold whereever Paul Mitchells sold. Its about 14.00 but all you need is alittle a tube last me a good while.

Golong said:
Thanx for the sugesstions. I'm gonna start with the aloe vera gel. I bought that by accident, thinking it was hand sanitizer. now I have a reason to use it. :)

:lol: You are silly. I think u will like it. I also put some on my ponytail and it drys so soft.

If my hair is freshly relaxed, I may not use gel. Usually, a creamy moisturizer will do.

If I do use gel, I usually mix a little bit of Aveda Universal Styling Creme with the forming gel. I do this to provide a soft hold and for a little bit of shine.

Back