Do you find that some shampoos curb shedding/breakage?

mischka

shrinkage.
The other day I bought some Giovanni deep moisture shampoo and 50/50 mix conditioner - they didnt have the matching conditioner omfgsoincompetent - and I notice it seems like my hair is coming out less when I shampoo and detangle. The shed/broken hair is conspicuous in its absence. This shampoo as far as I can tell has no specific anti-breakage properties, but I'm thinking maybe the cheaper drug store products I was using before were inferior in some way and inadvertently causing breakage.

On a side note, this is the first natural brand I've tried, and I love it. My hair is shiny/sheeny and lighter/softer.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I never got the relationship between shampoo and shedding. I think that the act of washing loosens shed hair and rinsing it down the drain so that when you style you don't notice any shed hair. *shrug* Iono, I just don't see how a product on the scalp less than a couple of minutes can stop the normal shedding process.

Giovanni brand has some soy protein which is a strenght building protein. It is not harmful if used every week.

Maybe your hair needed a bit of protein.

I know my hair needs protein everyweek as a relaxed head. When I was natural my hair needed protein every 2 weeks.

None for me personally, but my mother promises that her new Suave shampoo and conditioner have dramatically reduced the amount of shed hair and breakage she has. When she showed me the amount of hair that came out during her wash I was very surprised. I think it is called Sleek.

Hair One and Wen make my shampoo make my hair lost minimum I lose maye 15 hairs during my shampoo. I would say it's a combo though of shampoos, treatment , Technique and DC's.

I'm noticing this since I recently switched over to Shea Moisture's Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Control Shampoo. My sheds have significantly reduced. I only comb/detangle on wash day (1-2x a week). So I normaly expect to see some hair no matter what. However, after using this shampoo 2x there is a remarkable difference - for me.

Back