Do you DC with any old Conditioner?

Whimsy

Do you ever DC with your cheapie conditioners?
Do you only DC with one specific conditioner?
Do you try different brands for DCing but stick with on for your CoWash or Regular Conditioner?

Just curious.
Today I finished up the conditioner I've been using for DCing and I'm under heat now and will probably reapply with some of my cheapie conditioner every 15 mins for the hour.

I stick to the same conditioner for dc, and cowashing. Tigi bed head moisture maniac. for deep conditioning i just add honey, olive oil, evening primrose oil, and a dab of avocado butter. very nice.

No. I wish I could though. My dc must dc and detangle if they dont i cant use it. But I will say that when I am freshly relaxed I might be able to get away with it.. sometimes.

I don't use cheap products ($1) on my hair. I DC with quality products, that way I dont have to do a lot of work on my hair because it's more conditioned and moisturizer for a longer time.

Do you ever DC with your cheapie conditioners? I have before but I usually don't
Do you only DC with one specific conditioner? No I switch up dcs all the time. I am doing mostly kitchen mixes right now.
Do you try different brands for DCing but stick with on for your CoWash or Regular Conditioner? I only use cheapies for everything but dcs.

I have found that adding a little bit of any conditioner to my natural homemade dc's help them penetrate better especially if I am not using heat.

I DC with conditioners specifically made for deep conditioning. Right now, I alternate between ORS Mayo, ORS Replenishing and Pantene Breakage Defense Mask.

Last edited:
I don't use cheapie condish for DC's. I keep specific deep conditioners on-hand like Joico or Hydrathermals and others.

For my daily co-washes, I'll either use Aussie Moist (see avatar), something from the Herbal Essence line or J\A\S\O\N\.

Do you ever DC with your cheapie conditioners? No, but I might try in the future.

Do you only DC with one specific conditioner? Nope.

Do you try different brands for DCing but stick with one for your CoWash or Regular Conditioner? I don`t Cowash and I`ve only recently started using instant conditioners as regular conditioners. I DC with a different brand of conditioner almost every week.

Do you ever DC with your cheapie conditioners? Nope, I only cowash with my cheapie conditioners
Do you only DC with one specific conditioner? DC with either Elasta QP DPR-11 or Retread from Lush
Do you try different brands for DCing but stick with on for your CoWash or Regular Conditioner?I actually do the opposite. I try diff brands for my cowash & reg conditioner but stick to just those 2 for my DC.

No... All conditioners are not meant to be DCed with. They don't have that capability. Like those cheapy 99 cent ones. I usually use whichever one I have that has directions for DCing on the bottle. I like using conditioners I can use for rinse out, DC, leave in, etc. You get more bang for your buck, that way.

No... All conditioners are not meant to be DCed with. They don't have that capability. Like those cheapy 99 cent ones. I usually use whichever one I have that has directions for DCing on the bottle. I like using conditioners I can use for rinse out, DC, leave in, etc. You get more bang for your buck, that way.

ITA. I used the V05 Champagne Kiss "Moisturizing" conditioner after I clarified yesterday, and it barely softened my hair. Never again. Besides the V05 Clarifying shampoo, no more 99 cent store hair products for me.

ITA. I used the V05 Champagne Kiss "Moisturizing" conditioner after I clarified yesterday, and it barely softened my hair. Never again. Besides the V05 Clarifying shampoo, no more 99 cent store hair products for me.

Most 99 cent condishes won't do much in terms of really doing anything more but coating your hair..

Back