Do you condition while you have braids in?

michelle2003

I have braids on now and I want to condition my hair in the braids, but I was on a web site and they told me not to condition my hair while in braids because this will cause breakage and the braids will be difficult to remove
confused.gif
. Is this true does anyone here condition there hair while in braids.

Yes, I deep condition while I have braids in. Actually, I do to my braids whatever I'd do to my hair if it was out of braids. I just make sure I rinse well both after shampooing and conditioning; and I always do a final rinse with an apple cider vinegar solution. Some people dilute the conditioner before applying it to their braids. I don't, but it's really up to you. I will also mention that even though I wear braids 24/7, I spot-touch them regularly so my hair doesn't somewhat mat as would happen if you had build-up on braids and kept them in too long. (ACV rinses help with removing build-up and making your hair cuticle lie flat so it tangles less, BTW.)

I know that is prolly not what ur speaking of, but yes, when I have my true hair in braids, I condition, wash, etc
smile.gif

No, i do not condition my braids. I use a conditioning shampoo(breakthru)once a week and same as Nonie, i also do the ACV rinse but only every other shampoo(2 times a month)

Back