Do you clarify then use protein?

Zuppy

My hair is shedding when wet... so I want to give it a good protien treatment like... Nexxus Emergencee. Should I clarify first or will that make the effect to strong?

do u need to clarify? If not, dont clarify at all. If u do need to, clarify first then do the protein treatment.
wink.gif

Thanks for the fast response... I had a touch up May 14, I've washed once and CO washed once. I'm always putting something in my hair.. so I'm sure I could stand to clarify.

I clarify then wash, then protein conditioner (aphogee) then deep condition and then ACV rinse.

I deep condition too make sure that my hair is moisturized and I clarify first to remove any build-up. This way the treatment is being used to it's fullest potential. It works for me.
smile.gif

I just did it last night. I did a pre-treatment, shampooed, did an ACV rinse, then applied breakage control serum. Works just fine. I wanted to clarify to get the maximum effect from the serum.

Yes I clarify and then use Motions Oil Silk Moisturizing Protein Conditioner. After clarifying this conditioner works best. Well pretty much every conditioner works best after clarifying.

I always clarify before applying my heavy duty protein treatment because I want the conditioner to penetrate effectively.

Just did this yesterday morning with great results.

Clarify - Suave Clarifying Shampoo
Treatment - Aphogee
Colored - Bigen Oriental Black
Deep Conditioned - Motions Oil Silk Moisturizing Protein Conditioner (Added 1/4 cup of olive oil to the conditioner.

Back