Do you change your washing days depending on when you got a relaxer or certain style?

Do you change your washing days depending on when you got a relaxer or certain style?

• Yes: I alter my washing days depending on when I get my hair done.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No: I wash on specific days regardless of my last hair appointment or style.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

misskris816

I just got a relaxer last week from my stylist and I love how sleek it is...but now I find myself paranoid to do my weekly wash this week because I don't want to lose the current look. I think I do a good job of straightening my hair and giving it shine, but I don't hold a candle to my stylist. So, my question is, do you change your washing days depending on when you got a certain style?

Thanks in advance!

I've done this several times, especially if my hair was "behaving" very well. Then, after I wash, I return to my usual regimen. I usually don't hold a style longer than 10 days, though. I don't think doing this once in a while is going to cause problems. Just do a good wash and dc when it is time to let it go. And you will know when that time has come! ;) Enjoy your hair!

ETA: I answered yes to your poll, but it does not depend on when I get my hair done, only if the style was really, really good and my hair seems to be holding up. I've also had times where I have come straight from the salon into the shower! :lol:

Last edited:
misskris816 said:
I just got a relaxer last week from my stylist and I love how sleek it is...but now I find myself paranoid to do my weekly wash this week because I don't want to lose the current look. I think I do a good job of straightening my hair and giving it shine, but I don't hold a candle to my stylist. So, my question is, do you change your washing days depending on when you got a certain style?

Thanks in advance!

I now try to do my retouch on Saturdays or Sundays everytime. That way my staple wash days will be on Saturdays or Sundays and then I do my midweek shampoos/co washes in between those days. I use to do the same thing as you in regards to not wanting to lose that salon look when I first joined but now girl, WHEN I go to the shop:p , I go if I want my hair to look fierce for an event and then when I get home, I deep condition and baggie my ends right back up:)

Back