Do ya think that this'll do the job?

Purtygurly

Do ya think that this\'ll do the job?

I absolutely needed to shampoo my hair today because the buildup from the conditioner washes mad my hair a mess. I know that's what it had to be and I think I'll clarify twice a month instead of once. It is alot of buildup- a conditioner wash every 2 days followed by a deep conditioning and leave-ins, oils and a moisturizer.

Anyways, I ran out of clarifying shampoo.
wallbash.gif
I did some searching and found the Original Prell Rinse Clean Shampoo. It says "clean Healthy Hair" on the bottle. I used this stuff instead. I hope that it's strong enough to work...

the ingredients are: Water, ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Ammonium Xylensulfonate, fragrance, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Phosphate, EDTA, Benzophenone-2, Sodium Chloride, Mathylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, D&C green NO. 8, FD&C No. 1

So do you think that the prell did the trick?

Re: Do ya think that this\'ll do the job?

Sounds like it will do the trick.

For my CO washes I like to use 'light' conditioners that rinse clean, so as not to leave a build-up. They usually specifically say on the bottle 'clean rinsing'. I really like V05 Clarifying Conditioner, and there are more out there. Also, look for conditioners containing citrus like CitreShine.

Also, you might want to cutback on CO washing (although for me, I feel they remove build-up)

Try not to be heavy-handed w/product usage and use lighter oils - For example sweet almond oil in place of olive oil.

You really only need to deep condition once a week.

I really think you should try these suggestions before you decide to clarify more regulary, since clarifying is so harsh.

HTH
wink.gif

Re: Do ya think that this\'ll do the job?

I think I'll keep the conditioner washes, because my hair is sooooo much nicer with them (2x per week, the last wash of the week is with a gentle shampoo).

I'm a little scared to deep condition only once a week. It's like... everytime I wet my hair I just HAVE TO deep condition or I don't feel right
laugh.gif
, I know that's crazy and borderline obsessive compulsive... but I'll try in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion because that didn't even cross my mind.

I'm very careful about changing the products and frequency of usage because I feel that I could make a mistake and be sorry later, and people tell me, if it works for you don't change it. I hope that I'll get my regimen perfected in the future... I'm not rushing it.

Back