Do u know any rinses that are ammonia, peroxide AND alcohol free?

Mizani_Mrs

Hello, sorry the search feature is not working. Has anyone found a replacement for Sebastian colourshines? I am specifically looking for a rinse that is ammonia, peroxide AND alcohol free. Most of the semi-perms does contain isoproyl alcohol.

also anyone please provide any info if you have used beautiful collection, or jazzing, or Adore.

I'm about to do a Beautiful Collection semi perm in jet black. I am soo scurrrrrrred!!!!

thanks!

I would like to know the answer to this question too. My bottles of Colourshines will soon be running out, and I will need a replacement. :)

Indigo. :wink2:

I used to use Natural Instincts, but don't use the jet black one. The color looks unnatural and it dried my hair out somethin' terrible.

A lot of the ladies over at naturally curly use Robert Craig's Color. http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php. They give good reviews, I have never tried it.

Aubrey Organics makes a color also, called Color Me Natural, tried this once and it didn't take on my hair, but others give good reviews. http://www.aubrey-organics.com/categories1.cfm?cat=31

I use Natural Instincts by Clairol which is gentle, but has very low peroxide. It comes with a really nice conditioner. http://www.clairol.ca/clairoljava/jsp/niNew.jsp?hf.

I am natural, not relaxed.

Mizani_Mrs said:
also anyone please provide any info if you have used beautiful collection, or jazzing, or Adore.

I didn't know Beautiful Collection had isoproyl alcohol in it. I just used B15W Dark Warm Brown to cover up my grey, after my TU yesterday. My hair felt very hard after rinsing. I also, did a really good DC w/heat after it. My head was soft after that.

It's only been two days, but, I haven't had any problems. Maybe it is ok, with good DC'ing?

yep it sure does.... check the list of ingredients. I have just done a spot test and it didnt irritate my scalp and my hair didnt fall out :grin: so i will proceed with coloring my hair. I will then do an Aveda DR treatment afterwards so i hope my hair doesnt dry out or become hard.

thanks for all of the suggestions ladies...keep em coming!!!!

too bad the darn search feature doesnt work!!!

Daisimae said:
I didn't know Beautiful Collection had isoproyl alcohol in it. I just used B15W Dark Warm Brown to cover up my grey, after my TU yesterday. My hair felt very hard after rinsing. I also, did a really good DC w/heat after it. My head was soft after that.

It's only been two days, but, I haven't had any problems. Maybe it is ok, with good DC'ing?

Adore PLUS extra conditioning semi permanent color

i-adp398.jpg

Adore PLUS
Extra Conditioning Semi Permanent Color

Gentle No Heat Formula with Natural Herbs & Vitamins to protect and nourish hair

Excellent for gray hair

No Ammonia, Peroxide, or Alcohol

Super gentle semi-permanent hair color for all hair types. Enriched, long lasting formula nourishes hair as it colors, leaving hair soft, silky, and beautiful. Contains aloe vera, vitamin E, jojoba Oil, and herbs.

destiny616 said:

i-adp398.jpg

Adore PLUS

Gentle No Heat Formula with Natural Herbs & Vitamins to protect and nourish hair

Excellent for gray hair

Super gentle semi-permanent hair color for all hair types. Enriched, long lasting formula nourishes hair as it colors, leaving hair soft, silky, and beautiful. Contains aloe vera, vitamin E, jojoba Oil, and herbs.

I was JUST going to post this stuff. I like it!

What about Color Showers the Dominican Rinse that JenniferMD has posted about before? Maybe someone can check on roundbrushhair.com and see about that one.

destiny616 said:

i-adp398.jpg

Adore PLUS

Excellent for gray hair

How many shampoos does this color last? This question can be answered by anybody.

dang it! i started to buy Adore, but i just got beautiful collection at the last minute. I just put the Beaut Coll in my hair. but maybe next month i will switch to Adore since it doesnt have alcohol in it. My spot test didnt really take too well so i am hoping that the dye actually takes.

I'm looking at the Robert Craig someone suggested... i'm a little leery because it is permenant, yet there isn't any ammonia, peroxide nor alcohol. :confused: but it sounds promising as well. As for the color showers, they have limited colors. they dont have black.

thanks!

Back