Do rollersets cause too much breakage?

I wash my hair twice a week. I also use magnetic rollers with clips. I believe those mesh ones can tear your hair up even when you are careful with them.
Rollersetting doesn't cause any breakage for me...nothing that is significant anyway. If I get breakage during a rollerset it's usually because I'm rushing to take the rollers out or get a clip caught on my hair or something. So I'm extra careful when taking the sets down most times.
Also, I only use plain water and my leave in for my sets. So my hair is very soft and moisturized when I take my set down...so no problems. I've found in the past that using too much product/too many products to rollerset can cause breakage.

And some don"t have a brush. I bought a set that does not have the brush.

I can't use them though.:nono: Can't get them tight enough to get my hair straight.

I have good luck with the hard mesh rollers and pins:

yhst-2519492840586_1960_110998045

But, I have to use roller papers with them.

The ones in the picture looks pretty good, almost like magnetic with a lot more holes? I've not seen before, but worth looking into cuz sets would prolly dry faster. Do you like these and do they give smooth sets like magnetics?

I use a medium to wide tooth comb/pick to rollerset. I haven't noticed any breakage from a rollerset... unless the rollers are clamped in too tight. Lately I have just been air drying in a bun for a change b/c rollersetting is sooooo time consuming for me.

Rollersetting itself doesn't break my hair. My problem is that when I wear it very curly, it has a tendency to tangle and break when I comb through it to style it, no matter how gentle I am or how wide the teeth on the comb. My rollersets have to be done to add body and a slight bend and not real curl.

The ones in the picture looks pretty good, almost like magnetic with a lot more holes? I've not seen before, but worth looking into cuz sets would prolly dry faster. Do you like these and do they give smooth sets like magnetics?

I have to use roller papers.

I can't compare them to magnetic ones, though. :perplexed I cannot seem to get those in tight enough to get my NG straight. These plastic mesh ones work weel for me in that area.

Back