Do products actually thicken hair or are a temp. fix

Junonia

My hair has always been somewhere between SL and APL. My hair has always been full from root to tip. Now that my hair is approaching BSL, my ends are looking very thin. I trim every 4-6 weeks and I am not happy with my ends. I know there was a thread on this recently about hair growing longer and ends thinning. I know the suggestions were using castor oil, Henna and amla oil to the ends.

My question is do these products actually thicken ends or is a temp. fix that I would have to apply every few days? Should I stick with the trims?

My hair has definitely gotten thicker since:
  • Using castor oil in my DC (twice per week) and mixed with my daily moisturizer
  • Texlaxing
  • Dying it Jet Black
  • Using Boundless Tresses
  • No Brushing/being gentle
I am not 100% sure about the castor oil, but in combination with everything else my hair appears to be thick and lush. Someone told me how thick and healthy my hair looked and I was like:eek: :confused: , then I remembered how well I had taken care of it in the last year. I really think jet black hair looks thicker and fuller too.

I have been eating well, drinking carrot juice, and taking vitamins off and on so I really don't know how much they contributed to my hair getting thicker:)

trimbride said:
My hair has definitely gotten thicker since:
  • Using castor oil in my DC (twice per week) and mixed with my daily moisturizer
  • Texlaxing
  • Dying it Jet Black
  • Using Boundless Tresses
  • No Brushing/being gentle
I am not 100% sure about the castor oil, but in combination with everything else my hair appears to be thick and lush. Someone told me how thick and healthy my hair looked and I was like:eek: :confused: , then I remembered how well I had taken care of it in the last year. I really think jet black hair looks thicker and fuller too.

I have been eating well, drinking carrot juice, and taking vitamins off and on so I really don't know how much they contributed to my hair getting thicker:)

My hair is a really dull brassy light brown. I was thinking of coloring it a darker color but my hair is so dry, I think that might cause some damage. I might consider texlaxing.

Yes, my hair was a very dull brown and with all the sunshine it was fading even more. I put a rinse in my hair and it worked wonderfully. I will be using Bigen in the future. Henna and Indigo are also good options while they made my hair feel thicker, they also left my hair a little straw like and gummy:confused: I am pretty sure that I did something wrong and I may try to hendigo again.

My hair feels very moisturized with this rinse and I will be using bigen in the future:)

Back