Do People Still Use The Maxiglide?

candita

I did a search and hadn't seen many posts about it in awhile. Apparently they have a newer model but the only place I've seen it is on QVC.

I haven't used mine in a long time. I haven't straightened my hair in a long time either. When I used to use it, I always felt like the pins were ripping out my hair :(

I thought about pulling mine out a few days ago because it has been so dry where I am. It has never been my favorite iron but it does help with moisture retention. It also doesn't give me that stick straight look and I've been wanting more body lately so I still might use it soon.

ETA: That looks like the exact same iron with colors and a digital dial added. I'd get another one if they made the reservoir bigger.

I thought about pulling mine out a few days ago because it has been so dry where I am. It has never been my favorite iron but it does help with moisture retention. It also doesn't give me that stick straight look and I've been wanting more body lately so I still might use it soon.

ETA: That looks like the exact same iron with colors and a digital dial added. I'd get another one if they made the reservoir bigger.

Thanks for that. I'm looking to give it a try just for the steam functionality, the little grooves on the plates were concerning though

If anyone was looking at the new version of the Maxiglide on QVC, it's not worth the money. I don't know how the old one worked but this one doesn't really put out any steam. My Babyliss Pro TT steam flat iron was more effective a steam flat iron than this. It got returned.

I have a MaxiGlide (my 2nd one) that I've had for a number of years. I also had the original one as well, which I thought was better than the 2nd, newer one I got, which I purchased to replace the original when it broke. I use mine once a year in December, keeping my hair straight for only a week or two (I like the idea of putting water on my hair to keep it moisturized).

Yes just used it a week ago.
I got the biggest one Maxiglide XP.
The steam burst feature isn't working right though.

Looks like the new one has a temp display.
I like that. Not sure I will rush out and get a new one.

Last edited:
My Maxiglide broke for good. :( It was the only thing that ever straightened my hair properly. What should I consider to replace it?

Back