DO NOT USE CAROL'S DAUGHTER TUI TUI SMOOTHIE!!

Thank God I didn't pick that up on my last trip to Sephora!! I always go over there and look...

Same here!! I was in NY recently and visited a Sephora and was soo tempted to buy some of the products. What stopped me is that none of the products smelled appealing to me. I had read that the products smell so great, but I didn't find that to be true. That was the only thing that stopped me from buying. I love products that do the job and smell great too!

@SAMANTHEJONES

Thanks.
Ugh...how distressing.
I really wanted to try the Rosemary mint shampoo and that hair elixir. :ohwell:

Bad thing is I told my friend about this line and if it's a crap product then I REALLY need to get to her before she orders it....:perplexed

I was on some other blog and they were talking about CD. Someone posted the ingredients but I was side-tracked and didn't look it up.
Anywho--
It's a good thing I'm such a 'hair snob' :grin: and
don't trust anyone's opinion outside of LHCF (first and foremost), Nappturality, Naturally You (and 2 other site/blogs I can't think if)..... because THOSE females were raving about Carol's Daughter!

I was able to bounce back with no breakage. If I had have been so careful about coming it, i really could have lost a lot, but I used Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Triple Acting Formula(Shea Butter+Cholesterol+Mango) and the star of the show...At One with Nature Botanical Reconstructor Conditioner with Moisture Recovery. This stuff is the bomb. I saw it on this forum and I just knew that it had to be some expensive conditioner. I found it at a local BSS and it was 4.99 for a bottle. It is heavenly:grin: I sat with this in for another hour under a plastic cap and when I got in the shower, I could comb my hair. intake...exhale...sigh...relief!!!! Just don't use this CD crap ever!!

I was able to bounce back with no breakage. If I had have been so careful about coming it, i really could have lost a lot, but I used Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Triple Acting Formula(Shea Butter+Cholesterol+Mango) and the star of the show...At One with Nature Botanical Reconstructor Conditioner with Moisture Recovery. This stuff is the bomb. I saw it on this forum and I just knew that it had to be some expensive conditioner. I found it at a local BSS and it was 4.99 for a bottle. It is heavenly:grin: I sat with this in for another hour under a plastic cap and when I got in the shower, I could comb my hair. intake...exhale...sigh...relief!!!! Just don't use this CD crap ever!!

Wow. I'm sorry that happened to you Kawista.

I only like two products from CD - Healthy Hair Butter and Mimosa Hair Honey.

The scents of her products bother me. I don't like woodsy-incensey smells, but I like how HHB works on my hair.

I was tempted to try the Tui Smoothie, but I'm glad I didn't. Some things are just hype. I bought Miss Jessies Deep Treatment conditioner and I was NOT impressed. It contains one of the -xane ingredients which doesn't work well with curly/coily hair.

I agree about products being overpriced for what you get.

Back