Do I want too much?

kandiekj100

Okay, so I rollerset and flatironed my hair myself after enjoying the results of my visit to the Dominican Salon for a little over a week. It turned out okay. It is not as straight, which is okay. As a welcomed tradeoff to the lack of bone straight results is that I have volume. And I still got the light and airy look (and swang) that I wanted. So what's the problem? Flyaways, frizz, halo hair, whatever you want to call it also accompanies this set.

I used water mixed with lottabody and the Garnier Fructis Anti-Frizz serum to rollerset my hair and I used IC Hair Polisher Heat Protector serum to flatiron, making certain not too get too heavy handed, but I thought I put a decent amount on still. My hair is fine and thin so too much product on straightened hair results in limp hair, which I was trying to advoid.

I guess what I want to know is am I asking too much to have light, airy swinging, volumunous hair with no flyaways? Was it my product choice that was culprit? Or maybe it was okay products, but I used to little? Technique?

No pics and I have my hair in pincurls for the night. I don't know if it was the right move or not, but I've added a touch of vasline to my hair tonight, to see if that adds enough weight too my hair (but too much :spinning:) to tame the flyaways.

I have found that I get better results using "Dominican" products, but it is hard to match the technique those stylists use. I know that the salon I go to uses Salerm 21 and that stuff is amazing. I can get a bouncy rollerset at home, but I cannot get the light and fluffy look. They use all of that heat with the roundbrushes and there is no way I can or would do that, but I love the salon results.

I get the best results at home by using a creamy leave-in, a serum like Chi (tried that Garnier, didnt like it), and water. Try checking out the rollersetting thread for tips.

Back