Do I need more protein or more moisture?

ocean74

I am currently 16 weeks post relaxer...I've been wearing wigs w/cornrows under for 12 weeks now.(trying to transition to natural, don't think its going to happen)
I take my hair down and wash it every week 1/2. As I'm taking my braids down, my counter and shirt have DRY, DRY hair everywhere:nono:. Once I wash and deep condition(ORS replenishing pak), my hair is extra soft, yet stretchy-meaning if i pull too hard, it will snap:wallbash:.

Y'ALL WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? SUGGESTIONS? ADVICE? Thx in advance...

When I had that same problem I clarified. Did a good protein (I don't use hardcore proteins) and then followed with a really moisturizing conditioner using the at home steaming thing with the towels.

Sounds like you need protein! They said if your hair is overmoisturized it's stretchy when wet and crunchy when dry. I'd be scared to use extra hardcore protein if I were in your situation though. I highly recommend Joico K-Pak's Reconstructor, or if you're short on cash you can get the Sally's GVP version for like $5 I think. It's pretty good as well, that's what made me get the real thing. You may find that your hair takes more readily to moisture if you use it on a regular basis. HTH! :grin:

Back