do i need a new deep conditoner???

ineedmoney

here is my problem? i'm using le kair cholesterol and i want to evaluate this mess since it's almost gone. could you help?
1. it contains cholesterol and collagen protein. isn't this kind of counter productive. also i heard that the protien in your hair is keratin. should i try to find something with that?
2. the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol. would this be drying?
3. also i considered maybe the problem is with applications. it says you are suppose to pu it on for 2min then rinse and repeat. i just put it on then let it sit for like 20 min to an hour depending how lazy i am. would steam treatment improve my results?
lastly if this sucks what should i use instead? i have dry hair and want to make sure that is is strong. thanks for the help

I just bought this conditioner on Friday. I have very dry hair. I bought the Tea Tree, the blue kind and I simply LOVED the slip it gave my hair when I rinsed it out. I only left it in for the amount of time that I was in the shower because I saw that it said leave in for 2 minutes and didn't know how my hair would react. So today I bought the Herbal conditioner, the one that is like a peach color. I haven't tried it yet. My girlfriend recommended it to me and she's got nice long hair. It was only $1.99, so I figured it was cheap and I'd try it out. I'll only be using it once a week, but so far, I liked the results of the blue one...I didn't like the smell, it was a little too minty for me, but it made my scalp feel so fresh and so clean.
laugh.gif

the two alcohols that you mentioned are for thickening purposes and are usually derived from coconuts - they are used in products for binding water and oil together - all across the board, from face to feet.

hmmm... the cholesterial and protien - its like milk and oils, really. It can work, and not be counterproductive.

How you use it? For conditoiners, the instructions are only just guides - if you use it your way and it works for you, that should be fine.

Steaming will only improve the conditioning effect. That too will be fine.

I know alot of ppl who use it and they have nothing but love for it, so if it works for you... stick with it.

I would say stick with it, UNLESS you have something else in mind. I have done some rampant PJ searching and i always end up buying this as one of my staples. I purcahsed a sample a few weeks back and finally used it my last wash... and i'm off to buy the gallon tub for $8.. i think its a great deep moisturizing conditioner.

hey ineedmoney!

I use the green one (with aloe vera)of this about once a month. Though it contains mineral oil, so far it has really worked well with my hair (used it twice so far). I've also had it on my hair for about an hour with no problems, so I'd say keep using it if your hair seems to like it
smile.gif

And like you, I also need money and like the fact that this product doesn't break the bank!
cool.gif

thank you everybody 4 the advice. it's weird because when i put that in my hair it still is dry. i have to add a leave in for my hair to look decent. but i don't know. . .

daughter- thanks for the the tip i might look in to that.

Back