Do I have to wait?

I believe most of the ladies here wait 1-2 weeks to relax after removing a sew-in. In the meantime, you may want to DC and try a light or medium protein treatment before you decide to relax.

A week...whew! I shall try my very best.I haven't relaxed in 6 months so as you can imagine I'm looking and dealing with a hot mess!Thankyou!

I've done my hair when it was 5 & 6 months post. You can do it. Do your hair in sections. Detangle before you wet it. flat iron the new growth if you like it straight. Please just don't relax now.

I don't wait :look:
I've been anywhere from 8 weeks post to 4 months post (the most recent time) and I get a relaxer after I take it out...sometimes the same day usually the next

I always get a reconstructor on my hair and then a moisturizing DC and I have never had a problem.

Yes you do have to wait or else your hair will be extremely thin. Baby your hair for at least 2 weeks before a perm

I think you should.

I use the perm the nest day after taking out braids. I got bad breakage. That was ten years ago and I still havent gotten that length back.

I've done my hair when it was 5 & 6 months post. You can do it. Do your hair in sections. Detangle before you wet it. flat iron the new growth if you like it straight. Please just don't relax now.[/quote]

ITA...dont end up like me with thin, fragile hair!!!! :nono:

Back