Do I have to wait "6 to 8 weeks?"

grow_N_Him09

So I went on a 14 week stretch and tried my first self-relax session and my hair ended up seriously underprocessed. It's like I didn't even have a relaxer at all.
I think I put too much oil in the mix and didn't leave it on long enough.
That was June 15.
Should everything be OK if I put another relaxer in before the six week mark? Any advice, ladies???

ummm, I've never done a corrective.....

how does your hair feel as far as strength, that should give you an indication of how long you should wait.

I feel if your hair is strong enough than you can get one at 4 weeks. I used to relax my hair every 4 weeks with a lye relaxer and the only problem that I had was buring scalp but that was probably due to me not greasing my scalp or washing my hair one day before a perm.

I have fine hair and I had to do corrective due to underprocessing- I did mine at 4 weeks and I had no adverse effects. Just as a precaution I deep conditioned a lot more than usual the 1st couple of weeks after the relaxer otherwise my hair turned out just fine....

I also did a search on the board for "corrective" to make sure I was on point...

BTW - I only use Lye relaxers -

HTH

So I went on a 14 week stretch and tried my first self-relax session and my hair ended up seriously underprocessed. It's like I didn't even have a relaxer at all.
I think I put too much oil in the mix and didn't leave it on long enough.
That was June 15.
Should everything be OK if I put another relaxer in before the six week mark? Any advice, ladies???

You will be okay at 6-8 wks, but you really don't have to wait that long. I waited 4 wks and did a corrective. My thoughts on this are if I went to a stylist 4-5 wks for a relaxer in the past, correcting at 4wks would not be a problem.

Thanks for the input.
I used Hawaiian Silky No Lye mild relaxer and I think I'm going to use the same one when I relax in a couple days.
I used to have relaxers done professionally but I can't really afford it now so I'm forced to become a D.I.Y.-er :grin:. But I need to learn it with a quickness so I don't lose my progress.

Back