Do I have to trim my ends

naomi

good skin and hair
Hi everyone

My hair is in good condition and I love my long hair. This summer has been so hot, as soon as I step outside my hair starts to completely frizz. I get my hair done via rollerwarap at home.

But once in a while I'll go to a Dominican salon for a blow out if Im going to a special occasion. But the thing is I noticed my hair frizzes when I do it at home, but if I go to a salon it doesnt really frizz.

Everyone is telling me I need to get my ends trimmed right away, but I am absolutley petrified of getting my hair cut. The last time I did the stylist completely chopped of my hair. My hair is my beauty mark, and I dont want that taken away.

Is my frizzy hair do to my ends? And is a trim in order? Im just hoping theres another way I can do this without having to cut my hair.

Thanks.

Unless your ends are split, I don't think you should trim, ESPECIALLY since you don't want to.

I wouldn't go straight to chopping just because my hair is frizzy. I say you get a good anti-frizz product (i hear LUST is good) I like Lanza Urban Elements Hair Polish or Frizz Ease Relax Daily Replenisher <-- that wont "replenish" anything, but it will get rid of the frizz. I think the frizziness is due to the humidity outside, my hair does the same thing.

I think you need to take a look at your ends and evaluate them. Are they split? Do they look especially thin? Those things could cause the frizziness. Even if you don't see a split "end" look further up the hair - you may find a split or even the start of one.

When is the last time that you had a trim?

Hi Hairlove

I havent had a trim (Im so ashamed to say) in a little over a year. I never use heat at home only a hood dryer, once a week.

If you need a trim, I recommend going to some place like the hair cuttery that specializes in cutting hair
smile.gif
Some stylists are haters, and would love to see your pretty hair on the floor
smile.gif

Also, make sure you are getting your hair COMPLETELY dry when sitting under the dryer... Not doing so cause frizzes for me. But the humidity has been a beast in this area
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
naomi said:
Hi everyone

My hair is in good condition and I love my long hair. This summer has been so hot, as soon as I step outside my hair starts to completely frizz. I get my hair done via rollerwarap at home.

But once in a while I'll go to a Dominican salon for a blow out if Im going to a special occasion. But the thing is I noticed my hair frizzes when I do it at home, but if I go to a salon it doesnt really frizz.

[/ QUOTE ]
The same thing used to happen to me, I discovered that it was because I was not letting my hair completely dry. It takes 1 1/2 hour for my hair to completely dry under a hooded dryier. Also, I used a good leave in before the rollerwrap and a serum after I take them out.
As far as the trim? I'm on a No trim challenge for 1 year. My last trim was 4 months ago.

If it's just your ends frizzing and not the rest of your hair, then I would suggest evaluating it. If your ends are damaged, they could possibly continue to damage your strands, the longer you hold out on a trim.

Back