Do clear rinse helps with breakage?

Elizabeth26

I wanted to know if a clear rinse helps stop breakage. I thought I heard somewhere that it would help with breakage. I know that clear rinses are suppose to help give you shine, sleekness and help protect the hand strand.

In my experience, cellophane helps breakage. A couple of years back I was having some breakage issues and in addition to stepping up the protein, my stylist started applying cellophane with every relaxer. My hair was SOOOOOO much more cooperative and less prone to breakage. It made a tremendous difference for me then.

Besides the great shine, fun colors, and sealed cuticle, I have found rinses to be helpful with breakage...if you're thinking of getting one, I say go for it. They usually rinse out with 8-10 poos depending on the brand.

HTH

{DI}

Divine Inspiration said:
In my experience, cellophane helps breakage. A couple of years back I was having some breakage issues and in addition to stepping up the protein, my stylist started applying cellophane with every relaxer. My hair was SOOOOOO much more cooperative and less prone to breakage. It made a tremendous difference for me then.

Besides the great shine, fun colors, and sealed cuticle, I have found rinses to be helpful with breakage...if you're thinking of getting one, I say go for it. They usually rinse out with 8-10 poos depending on the brand.

HTH

{DI}

Aww man. Another product to add to the ever-increasing list. :lol:

Divine Inspiration said:
Candice, with all the money you're making autosurfing, I know you fit these BSS bills! lol

Opps. My siggy gave me away. :sekret:
I'll always be a cheapo. They can't take that away from me! *I say as two fellow product junkies :cool::cool: drag me :blush: away to the beauty supply store.* Never!
:lol:

CandiceC said:
Opps. My siggy gave me away. :sekret:
I'll always be a cheapo. They can't take that away from me! *I say as two fellow product junkies :cool::cool: drag me :blush: away to the beauty supply store.* Never!
:lol:
:lachen: Girl that was funny!

Divine Inspiration said:

HTH

{DI}

Thansk for the response! I will be trying this with my next relaxer.

Liz25_Ga said:
I wanted to know if a clear rinse helps stop breakage. I thought I heard somewhere that it would help with breakage. I know that clear rinses are suppose to help give you shine, sleekness and help protect the hand strand.

not that I am aware of. What I would suggest is to get some Aphogee from sally's. Do the tx, then follow up w/ deep conditioning once every week for the following 3 weeks after the protein tx. Then try to stay away from heat for about 1 month, and repeat the protein tx and deep conditioning process for about 2 months total. And see how it works for you

ajargon02 said:
not that I am aware of. What I would suggest is to get some Aphogee from sally's. Do the tx, then follow up w/ deep conditioning once every week for the following 3 weeks after the protein tx. Then try to stay away from heat for about 1 month, and repeat the protein tx and deep conditioning process for about 2 months total. And see how it works for you

I pretty much have done everything for breakage and my hair is doing much better. Some one mention a clear rinse to me so I decided that I would try this since I never done one.

Clear rinses have helped reduce breakage for me in the past by sealing my cuticles. They also provide great shine. I like to apply either a brown or clear rinse to my hair every 6 weeks.

Ive never tried a clear rinse...but ive been using the cellophane in the cinnamon color. I definitely think that it helps me control breakage. I used to use it very often and didn't have any crazy breakage...then i got lazy and stopped using it and i noticed that i started getting back more breakage even though i still was moisturizing daily and deep cond'ing. So anywhoo, i just did a cellophane maybe 3weeks ago and my breakage is back at a minimum.
I definitely plan to continue using...but this time i think i'm going to venture and try a more 'intense' red.

Back