Do any of you know of a black woman who

vevster

Who has met an eligible guy, slept with him on the first date and is now happily married to that same guy?

Yes, but it took trail and error... as in, it happened on several occcasions, but last one got married at city hall...

Her philosophy is everyone has needs, and especially as adults why play the game... As long as you don't get flaky afterwards... Always hold your ground if things dont work they weren't meant to be... And dont put up with any BS, still I havent succumbed to that philosophy.... :perplexed

My daughters uncle and his wife used to talk about that all the time. They had sex on the first date and was married for 8 yrs. Whenever someone brought up something about dating rules and holding out until you established a relationship, they'd always start bragging about their story.... however, she did cheat on him towards the end of their marriage (what does that say, hmmm)....he then passed away during their reconciliation. He was sick. I really don't think it would have worked out anyway. But others did. *shrugs*

Yes I do. Not only that but they also met online :lol:

Couldn't be me but they are happily married now and doing very well.

Yes.... Kinda... well, not really... actually, no lol. BUT...a friend of mine had phone sex several times with her fiance before they even met in person :look: :perplexed

Although... they've been engaged for over 2 years now with no set date... so, I'd what's up with that :ohwell:

Men marry women that they sleep with on the first date all the time. Is there a specific reason why this wouldn't apply to black women? If a guy likes you, he likes you. He can have all of the rules in the world for how he expects a woman to behave, but when he likes a woman all of those rules go out the window if necessary. The reason why I recommend that women not have sex with a man on the first date isn't because of him, it's for her protection because she has no idea whether or not he likes her. If you like him that's just a gamble that may not be worth the heartache. However, there have been plenty of women who have played those odds and still won. I don't think it works any differently for black women. Is there some different standard that we are held to?

Men marry women that they sleep with on the first date all the time. Is there a specific reason why this wouldn't apply to black women? If a guy likes you, he likes you. He can have all of the rules in the world for how he expects a woman to behave, but when he likes a woman all of those rules go out the window if necessary. The reason why I recommend that women not have sex with a man on the first date isn't because of him, it's for her protection because she has no idea whether or not he likes her. If you like him that's just a gamble that may not be worth the heartache. However, there have been plenty of women who have played those odds and still won. I don't think it works any differently for black women. Is there some different standard that we are held to?

ITA. Don't make yourself an exception to the general rule. Protect yourself!

Yes, I find this to be absolutely true. From experience, and reading The Rules, and He's Just Not That Into You, and It's called a Break Up Because It's Broken, if a dude really likes you and is romantically interested in you pretty much nothing stops him from wife'n you up. If he's on the fence about you, or is just wanting you for sex then it doesn't matter when you sleep with him it's not going to work out.

Yep. Several. One chick even tried to get a date while on the date with him and he still married her.

I think maneater types tend to get chased for relationships a LOT. Doesn't matter if the man originally wanted something serious, or not.

Many guys cannot deal with a woman who is cool with sex/emotionally controlled. When they meet an cool woman that doesn't see anything more than sex with them it makes them insecure lol. Even though they complain about women getting lovey after sex, on the odd occasion it doesn't happen it can hurt their ego lol.

A good example is the Robin Givens/Eddie Murphy interactions in Boomerang.

No I don't.

But I know someone who knows or rather knew someone who did.

The guy was not sexually experienced much and the girl was buck wild. She even did oral. Needless to say he was flipped out sexually and he fell in love.

Back