Do Any Naturals Use Aphogee 2 Step?

lindseyerinc

I'm newly natural and my relaxed hair LOVED the aphogee 2 step treatment. I found out my natural hair hates aloe vera juice, I heard that that makes you protein sensitive. Is that true or do they have nothing to do with each other?

Aphogee 2-step is a regular part of my reggie. I use it every 8 weeks. My hair thrives with it and my kinks and curls are always more springy and defined after - like they've been revived!

As far as avj, I use it straight occasionally when I feel it's necessary to close the cuticle (very effective) but it makes my hair kind of hard and tangly, so moisturizing after is a must. When I mix my avj with water and glycerin, it's a good moisturizing mix for my hair.

I'm natural and I've never used it, and never needed it. My hair does not respond well to too much protein and loves moisture. However someone pointed out I get my protein in various ways from the silk proteins (much more moisturizing) in various deep conditioners to the avocado and coconut oil I apply to my hair daily. I really don't need any more than that . Aphogee seems hard core, at least too hard core for me.

I am natural and as a natural I have tried it maybe twice never with good results. I do better with lighter protein treatments.
But I will say I have seen a lot of people use it with great success I think Chicoro one of my hair crushes uses it on a pretty regular basis. I think the trick is to know your hair so you can tell when it is to dry from to much protein and when you are beginning to loose the effects of the treatment. Ideally before you see a lot of broken hairs.

Thanks everyone for you answers. I'm gonna go ahead and risk it this weekend. I'll be back hopefully with good news!!

It made my hair dry and brittle, I'm nursing it back to health weeks later. I'll try a lighter protein next time. My hair felt lovely when it was wet, but when it dried, it felt like straw.

It made my hair dry and brittle, I'm nursing it back to health weeks later. I'll try a lighter protein next time. My hair felt lovely when it was wet, but when it dried, it felt like straw.
What DC did you use afterwards?

What DC did you use afterwards?
I used a couple afterwards, I think the first one I used was Shea moisture deep treatment which always works well for me. 2 days later I used an Eden body works DC, and about 3 days after that a sample from miss Jessie's, rapid moisture recovery I believe?

I also use it right before I braid my her under my wigs. I have little to no broken strands in the shower when I rinse it out. I do beehive braids and keep them in for about a month and a half.

I'm thinking about putting it in a spray bottle, spraying it on my braids and doing the treatment that way. I'm kind of scared to try it that way though

I finally sampled this product last week and I must say that it blows all of my other protein treatments, including the Komaza, out of the water. While the other treatments produce the typical strengthened albeit somewhat rigid feeling, after rinsing the Aphogee, my hair felt...different. It felt very strong in addition to something else I can't quite put my finger on. I was highly impressed.

Hi :wave: Merry Christmas!

I recently tried this for the first time. Happy with the results too.
I've notice less shed hair.
My hair holds on to moisture just after the first use!
Never tried aloe vera to comment on it.

I'm natural and haven't had to use protein treatment since I big chopped. Even when I did, I never liked Aphoghee. I preferred to use Hair Mayo.

Back