Do any naturals rollar set?

nijilah

Ok, I have tried it before and maybe I am doing something wrong. I tried the magnetic rollars and got a big mess. I also tried spong rollars and got the tightest curls in the world (which looked bad for 2 days but then looked good as they loosened). I used the lotta body setting cream.

Can someone give me some tips on rollar setting 3C/4A hair? Does anyone have any pictures of rollar setting results with that type of hair?

I think Nay rollersets and AFashionSlave has pics in her album of a rollerset but i'm not sure if she does it often or not. HTH -- jainygirl

I do it on occasion both when it is pressed andnot pressed. When It is not pressed, I'll put rollers to give my fro a kick!

I dont do it yet. I am waiting for my hair to get longer. However I have a question for the future experience...how do I get the ends to smoothly wrap around the roller?

Heck nah...my hair's too dag on thick to be messing with hair rollers.

Now if someone were to offer to roll it for me I would give if a try...

I'm 4A with the longest parts 4 inches.
1. First thing first, you need different roller sizes if your hair is different lenghts, I use the hard rollers that have a cover- pink- large, green- medium, and blue for small.
2. Divide your hair in four sections- use your Denman to stretch the hair and use a clip to keep each part down.
3. Arm yourself with a water bottle and small tooth comb- the black one with the pointy end- you need this to smooth your ends.
4. I don't use setting lotion- it makes my hair dry- I only use a moisturizer like CDHHB on my hair from root to end.
5. Start with the spray bottle- the hair must be completely soaked or you end up with fuzz- spray the hair, grab the small tooth comb, pull hair tight and pull comb through the ends- you don't loose hair believe me!
6. Wrap the hair around the roller- put the cover on and go to the next section of hair. Use small sections of hair.
7. Sit under the dryer for atleast an hour- maybe longer in yours but you can not leave the dryer until the hair is completely dry or again you will have fuzz.
I don't recommend free standing rollers that don't have covers- the purple, gray, red, so on.

I had some edits and more to the post but it disappeared. I meant to say use a butter like CDHHB and also I don't recommend rollers without a cover because I can never get my hair to pull tight enough to come out like it should. Pulling the hair 'taught' or tight is key to having a smooth look. Hope this helps.

beautiful head of hair girl! you are an inspiration. I am going to try and roller set this weekend. Wish me luck.
cool.gif

Good luck with your rollerset, Alli77.

I just started rollersetting again recently after not having done it in years, and with practice I am getting better and better. Chamber pretty much covered it all- cannot overemphazie how important it is for the hair to be VERY wet when you are wrapping around the roller.

Also, smooth the hair as you are wrapping it and make sure to start rolling at the very end of each section of hair so it sets smoothly (i.e., don't start wrapping in the middle- I did this couple of times and it does not look nice
frown.gif
).

Wrapping the hair in all the same direction (over or under) will create a more uniform look.

Finally, only do this when you have PLENTY of time on your hands. My hair is mid-back when stretched (sorry, don't know inches) and thick, so it takes AT LEAST 3 hours to just set it using the pink rollers (breaks NOT included). The upside is this style will last indefinitely- it will only get prettier and fluffier as time goes on and then you can pull it up when it's close to wash time.

Happy rollersetting
wink.gif

I have done a rollerset before.

I used very large smooth plastic rollers.
I used Bouncy Creme and CD HHB.
I sectioned my hair in very small, thin sections (no wider than 2 inches) and very thin (maybe 3 cm).
I held my hair very taunt as I put in on each roller.
When I started the rolling process and the very tip of my hair and spun the roller a little (it helps stretch the ends out) and used a fine tooth comb to smooth the ends on the roller.
As I rolled I made sure to keep my actual hair taunt and tight (again ths helps stretch the hair).
I used snap on rollers which also helped keep my hair in place as it dried.

If you need to see step by step pics I'll post my album.

HTH

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will try this again when the hunidity dies down. I thought that it was weird that I couldn't get rid of the wavy/curly roots but after seeing Carefree's pictures, I saw the light!

Beautiful rollarset Carefree!

bublnbrownsuga has rollerset pics of her natural hair in her album. let me tell you, it looks fantastic!

btw is it true that rollers with the snap on covers straighten out your roots better??? when i tried using them and rollerset my hair going back they flop and move around. but if i rollerset it going to the side it doesnt.am i doing something wrong or does this happen to everyone??

I tried roller setting and learn some things along the way. One I need at least 24 rollers. I never realized that my hair was so thick. I mean I know that my hair is thick but when roller setting, it was a wake-up call. Two I need a moisturizing setting creme. I bought Lottabody setting creme but either I used too much but it left my hair kind of sticky. Three, I need to do some hand exercises because my hands were cramping up so bad after I put in the first roller. Four I need more pins to hold the roller in place. The more pins I put in, the better the rollers stay and therefore the straighter my hair come out.

Back