Divorce. Has anyone filed before?

natural_one

My husband and I are getting a divorce. I caught him with another chick so I need to let this go. He wont go along with me so what can I do on my own?

Oh crap! I'm sorry, that's so dirty!
Well, I filed but it was many years ago and I didn't have any problems.
From what I remember, if you can't get him to go with you, you file, have him served and then wait to see if he contests anything. If he doesn't, then it's something like 90 days and it's over, if he contests then you have a looong fight in front of you. Good a very good divorce attorney in that case!

natural_one said:
My husband and I are getting a divorce. I caught him with another chick so I need to let this go. He wont go along with me so what can I do on my own?

I dont have any advice on the divorce thing but I am sorry to hear about what your husband did.:(

natural_one said:
file where? the courthouse?
Yes, you can get the documents at an office supply or stationary store- if there won't be anything contested that you can foresee and then file at Superior Court.

I am sorry that you have to go through a divorce. I wish you the best.

I don't think he has to sign. My ex-husband didn't sign. I think he was given 30 days to respond. But he didn't, neither did he show up for court.(I knew he wouldn't because he didn't want the divorce) I was still granted the divorce. You don't have to stay married to someone if you don't want to, regardless if he doesn't sign.

Check out the boards at Marriagebuilders.com.

Even though the primary goal for the site / boards is marriage "building" there are people there gonig through divorce and can guide / offer info into the process.

Other helpful sites are: Divorce.com and SurvivingInfidelity.com.

Laginappe said:
Check out the boards at Marriagebuilders.com.

Even though the primary goal for the site / boards is marriage "building" there are people there gonig through divorce and can guide / offer info into the process.

Other helpful sites are: Divorce.com and SurvivingInfidelity.com.

Thanks alot.

Back