Discouraged please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilred26

Well I washed my hair yesterday and since I am planning to get my hair relaxed in two weeks I decided to do a heavy duty protein treatment with Optimum High Protein Reconstructor. My hair became so tangled and knoted I just wanted to take the scissors to it. It took me at least two hours to try to comb through my tangled hair and it's still tangled this morning. On top of it my hair was just poping and comming out by the handful. Ladies please help, I need to know if I should continue with the heavy duty Protein treatments? Or could it be that my hair just does not like heavy duty protein treatments? What should I do? Oh yes I did follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner. Ladies any advice on this would be apreciated. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Lil, are you detangling your hair b4 washing?
Protein tends to cause tangles. Also, have you tried using an inexpensive creme rinse? I buy a cheap gallon jug from Sally's and just pour it on to loosen up the tangles. I prefer using the cheap stuff, as opposed to using my expensive conditioners, since the only benefit I'm getting is the detangling.

Webby, I also do this. Red, what moisturizing conditioner did you use? A tip I use (from the crown and glory website) is to wash and condition my hair in detangled sections /images/graemlins/smile.gif I lose less hair this way. My hair has never had a hardcore protein treatment and I don't think it needs one since I do weekly, light treatments. Mabybe you don't need it either.

I haven't had much success with heavy protein conditioners yet either. I just use Aubrey Organics GPB mixed with Keracare Humecto my hair loves. My hair didn't break but it wasn't soft after i followed it up with CON and conditioned with keracare humecto. I advise you not to try it again any time soon, try a milder protein treatment. But if you do heavy again make sure you pre-poo, and make sure your hair is detangled before you start the shampoo and con process, and do a comb through as soon as the conditioner touches your hair not when its hard. good luck!!

Do you have a lot of new growth? I'm too scared to use a heavy duty protein with lots of new growth for that same exact reason. That's why I've recently used Nexxus Keraphix and I like it so far. As the other ladies mentioned, it's important that you detangle your hair to remove any loosed/already shedded hairs prior to shampooing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hang in there. We've all had our share of mistakes...that's how we learn what to do/not to do to our hair. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Thank y'all sooooooooo very much /images/graemlins/kiss.gif and yes I do have alot of new growth and I guess I made the mistake of not combing out the already shed hair first before shampooing. I think for the future I will just stick to Keraphix and follow that up with keracare humecto condtioner, that worked pretty well when I did that a couple weeks ago. I'm staying away from the hardcore suff. I think I will go home tonight and rewash my hair over because it is still hard. But thanks again ladies I needed the encouragement.

Back