Dilemna: Braid-Challenge Member in Conflict

ShortyDooWhop

Ladies,

I'm a natural 4a/b, who got frustrated with the damage and lack of growth. As a result, I secretly (smile) joined the braid/protective style challenge. I've decided to wear my hair in braids for the next 5 months. I currently have my natural hair in a very neat cornrowed style.

Here's my problem. I have an interview, and I don't want to take the braids out. It's for a legal position, and I know that the legal field normally requires a "certain look". I don't fit that mold by a long-shot... My question is, should I take out my cornrows and do my gelled/slicked back bun for the interview?

Thanks
SDW

I think a nice sleek ponytail or if you really don't want to take the braids out maybe a nice classy but natrual looking wig.

Are you on both the braid challenge and the protective style challenge or is it just one challenge? If so, I don't see anything wrong with wearing a bun because isn't that considered a protective style?

I would go with the slick bun unless you paid to get your cornrows done and it will cost you more money to get the cornrows back.

co-signing on the wig.....I am on the Crown -n- Glory braid challenge...the two months that I am out of extensions, I wear my "flip" wig to work and out...when I am at home, I am plaited or rowed to perfection. LOL

Do whatever you think is going to get you the job! If taking your braids down and wearing a bun will do the trick then go for it!

lovelymissyoli said:
Do whatever you think is going to get you the job! If taking your braids down and wearing a bun will do the trick then go for it!
ITA getting this job is more important than sticking to a Braid Challenge

Thanks ladies,
I think I am going to take the braids out and do the slick bun. Although I love the way my hair looks, getting the position is more important.

Thanks

SexyC said:
I think a nice sleek ponytail or if you really don't want to take the braids out maybe a nice classy but natrual looking wig.

That's right!

Wear a wig, that way everybodys' happy!:lol:

PS: Oh, ok. I posted then read your post directly above mine shorty. Whatever makes you happy really.

I work in the legal field and personally it took me a few months before I felt comfortable wearing my hair in a wash and go look. So I would say wear your hair back in a bun or buy a nice wig which usually means an expensive one so the bun may be the best solution.

Back