Dilemma - hair color does not match - #1B or #2

naturalmanenyc

Dilemma - Which to choose...hair color does not match

I am leaving for a work trip and figured the easiet style would be a phony pony for the week (too hot for wigs) and I picked up some coil curl.

The problem is the #1B is too dark & the #2 is too light.

Which one would work....a little too dark or a little to light?

I do not want to be THAT woman with the totally wrong color hair attached.:perplexed

Last edited:
I would say the 1b would be the better choice Ive had this problem my self.
itll match in the sun light and if need be get the 1b and give it a wash or a good soak and it should match even better.

I say 1B. If it's human hair, you can lighten it a bit. Either way, a 1B will be fine.

I would go with the darker hair. I'm a 3 but they don't make 3 anymore (I did see it in one brand of braid hair though). I use a 2 because 4 looks funny if it is a phony pony. Its fine with braids though.

Thanks ladies. I just put them both on and took photos outside. There is a bit of my hair sticking out in the center of the pony in the third pic so it's clear that my hair is a bit lighter. I have to be sure to pin my hair inside a bit better for work.:lachen:

The things we do for our hair.

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 28
I'm in the middle too and usually go with 1b. It's not that noticeable if it's a little dark. But it will be noticeable if it's too light.

Yep, I went with the darker hair. The 1B human hair works so far. The #2 was way too brown against my natural hair. I guess I will eventually cut away all the light, relaxed ends and have #1b hair.

Back