Dig Deeper

Nice & Wavy

I know many don't like Tyler Perry but I really was blessed with this message that was sent to my email.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Hey guys,

A few years ago I was getting these really insane water bills. I mean HIGH! So I decided to dig some wells in my yard to have water for my landscape. I live alone, so I know it had to be from watering the grass. So I hired a company to come out and dig these wells. The foreman and I walked all around my yard and as we were walking he was putting down flags. I asked what the flags were for. He said, "The flags represent good places to dig for water." I asked, "Why do you have so many flags?" He said, "I'm not sure if any of these places will produce water." I said, "Hold up, you mean if you dig all these spots and don't hit water I still have to pay you?" He said, "Yes, that's how it goes." I said, "Ok, fine." Needless to say, he dug three wells and never hit water. I said, "Just stop."

I got a few more extreme water bills and called him back. He said, "Are you sure?" I said, "Yes, keep drilling until you hit water." The next well he dug he was down 500 feet and still didn't hit any water. He asked if I wanted him to stop. I said, "Go deeper." He dug down another 200 feet and still nothing. I said, "Go deeper." He drilled another 200 feet and he hit rock. I said, "Blast it, cut it, do whatever you have to do but keep digging." After fighting the rock and breaking his drill and getting a new one we got a little deeper. He said, "We are at 1,200 feet, why do you want me to keep going?" I said, "Cause I'm tired of these water bills and I'm going to do something about it." He said, "But this is really deep." I asked him if he had hit water yet. He said "no," so I told him to go deeper. "But you don't understand," he said. "We don't usually drill this deep, this is going to be expensive." I told him that, "Sometimes you have to go deeper to get what you are after, no matter what the cost." He started the machine and went down another four inches and hit a river of water. Just a few inches separated me from getting my breakthrough. That was five years ago and that well has never run dry.

In 2013 I want you to apply that to your life in all ways. Sometimes you will spend time on a thing and it will produce no water. Don't be afraid to move on to another spot. YOU CAN'T HAVE FEAR. I don't care how much time you put into it. If the well is dry MOVE ON! Nothing lives where there is no living water. Be it a relationship, a job, a business, don't be afraid to move to another spot.

Now, on the other hand, if you are digging your well and you are sure that it is not only where you want to be but where God wants you to be, then keep digging in that same spot. Don't stop digging until you hit a river of blessings. Don't stop praying until you live in the change you've been waiting for. Don't stop pushing until you deliver your breakthrough. Yes, it will get difficult. Yes, you may hit rock. Yes, there will be a cost. But when you get to what God is trying to get you to, YOU WILL RECOVER IT ALL! One of my favorite scriptures says that. "PURSUE AND YOU SHALL RECOVER IT ALL!"

Some people give up when they are only inches away!!

so was I, in fact I posted it on another hair site that I frequent, I was thinking much like you in that folks dont particularly care for him...

it encouraged me also

This really is timely; because I'd read this earlier, and kept it moving...and then, something occurred this morning that brought it back. We can learn to move past the messenger to get the message at times...

In 2013 I want you to apply that to your life in all ways. Sometimes you will spend time on a thing and it will produce no water. Don't be afraid to move on to another spot. YOU CAN'T HAVE FEAR. I don't care how much time you put into it. If the well is dry MOVE ON! Nothing lives where there is no living water. Be it a relationship, a job, a business, don't be afraid to move to another spot.

I LOVE Tyler Perry and this was and IS an awesome message that he shared about his well.

I may not agree with all of the details of his movies/shows, but I love the man and I pray for him. :pray:

Thank you Nice & Wavy for sharing this message of his. As there is always something more beneath what we 'think' is the very bottom.

Dig Deeper into Jesus... His love has no end.

Thank you Nice & Wavy for the message. Rinsing and cleaning my shovel, sharpening a new drill bit and putting on my hard hat to go deeper!!

I just read this message from Prime Time with God, and it goes along with digging deeper:

God-Inspired Delays
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 1, by Os Hillman
01-09-2013
Yet when He heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days. - John 11:6

Delays in our life are not always easy to handle or to reconcile in our minds. Often, when God does not answer our prayers in the time that we feel He should, we appoint all sorts of characteristics to God's nature that imply He does not care. Such was the case with Lazarus' sisters when Lazarus became ill and died. Jesus was a close friend to Lazarus and his two sisters, Mary and Martha. (Mary, you may recall, was the woman who came and poured perfume on Jesus' feet.) When Jesus arrived two days later, Martha shamed Him by saying, "If You had come he would not have died." She implied that He didn't care enough to come when sent for. It was a matter of priorities for Jesus, not lack of love.

God often has to delay His work in us in order to accomplish something for His purposes that can be achieved only in the delay. Jesus had to let Lazarus die in order for the miracle that was about to take place to have its full effect. If Jesus had simply healed a sick man, the impact of the miracle would not have been as newsworthy as resurrecting a man who had been dead for four days. This is Jesus' greatest "public relations act" of His whole ministry. What many do not realize is that the key to the whole story is in the next chapter.

Many people, because they had heard that He had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet Him. So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after Him!" (John 12:18-19)

If Jesus had not raised Lazarus from the dead, there would have been no crowds to cheer the Lord when He came into Jerusalem riding on a donkey.

God often sets the stage so that His glory is revealed through the events that He orchestrates. He did this with Moses and Pharaoh, allowing delay after delay for release of the Israelites from Egypt. He did this with Abraham and Sarah for the promised child, Isaac. God granted Sarah a baby past the age of childbearing in order to demonstrate His power.

God did this in my own life. He delayed the fulfillment of what I believed He called me to do for several years. But the delays provided the necessary preparation and greater glory that God was to receive. My friend, don't take the delays lightly. Do not faint as God places you in what seems to be a holding pattern. God is at work. God knows the purposes for His delays. Don't give up, for they are for His greater glory; so we need to remain faithful.

I just read this message from Prime Time with God, and it goes along with digging deeper:

God-Inspired Delays
01-09-2013
Yet when He heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days. - John 11:6

Delays in our life are not always easy to handle or to reconcile in our minds. Often, when God does not answer our prayers in the time that we feel He should, we appoint all sorts of characteristics to God's nature that imply He does not care. Such was the case with Lazarus' sisters when Lazarus became ill and died. Jesus was a close friend to Lazarus and his two sisters, Mary and Martha. (Mary, you may recall, was the woman who came and poured perfume on Jesus' feet.) When Jesus arrived two days later, Martha shamed Him by saying, "If You had come he would not have died." She implied that He didn't care enough to come when sent for. It was a matter of priorities for Jesus, not lack of love.

God often has to delay His work in us in order to accomplish something for His purposes that can be achieved only in the delay. Jesus had to let Lazarus die in order for the miracle that was about to take place to have its full effect. If Jesus had simply healed a sick man, the impact of the miracle would not have been as newsworthy as resurrecting a man who had been dead for four days. This is Jesus' greatest "public relations act" of His whole ministry. What many do not realize is that the key to the whole story is in the next chapter.

Many people, because they had heard that He had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet Him. So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after Him!" (John 12:18-19)

If Jesus had not raised Lazarus from the dead, there would have been no crowds to cheer the Lord when He came into Jerusalem riding on a donkey.

God often sets the stage so that His glory is revealed through the events that He orchestrates. He did this with Moses and Pharaoh, allowing delay after delay for release of the Israelites from Egypt. He did this with Abraham and Sarah for the promised child, Isaac. God granted Sarah a baby past the age of childbearing in order to demonstrate His power.

God did this in my own life. He delayed the fulfillment of what I believed He called me to do for several years. But the delays provided the necessary preparation and greater glory that God was to receive. My friend, don't take the delays lightly. Do not faint as God places you in what seems to be a holding pattern. God is at work. God knows the purposes for His delays. Don't give up, for they are for His greater glory; so we need to remain faithful.

This ...

God often sets the stage so that His glory is revealed through the events that He orchestrates...

'Delay is not Denial' :Rose:

I read this earlier this morning and felt good. I have to say today has been hard because of doubt, sadness, discouragement.

I've been praying but still gave in a bit until a little while ago when I came back to my senses and realized it was the enemy.

Thank you for this thread.

Rom 8:27-31 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. (30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. (31) What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Ladies, this is from Prime Time with God:

Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you for a new day. I know that everything I am and everything I have is a result of what you have allowed in my life. Sometimes life is very hard; other times it is full of happiness. I know you are always there and your blessing is available...if only I will listen and obey. Please help me to recognize the gifts you send and the doors you open each and every day. Give me wisdom to see and do your will. Thank you for the spiritual gifts you have given, also. I pray that you will use those gifts to work in and through me to minister to the world and draw people to You. In Jesus' name I pray and give you praise. Amen.

Seeing The Big Picture
01-02-2013
..."Everything is against me!" - Genesis 42:36

Eventually, Benjamin along with Jacob's other sons learned that their brother Joseph was second in command in Egypt. Joseph revealed his identity, and Jacob was reunited with his son whom he had not seen for more than 13 years. He had thought Joseph to be dead.

So often we believe our dreams are dead. There seems to be nothing left in our world to live for. Everything appears to be against us. During these times, God is doing His deepest behind-the-scenes work. During these times, God is performing a deeper work in each of us -- a work that cannot be seen.

When clients began leaving my ad agency and it dried up for no apparent reason, it appeared "everything was against me." I could not see that God was orchestrating a whole new calling on my life. At the moment, it seemed like the worst thing in the world. It seemed that I had been a failure. But God said, "No." All the years before had been preparation for what God's ultimate calling would be. One of God's methods for directing His children's steps is through drying up resources: a job loss, a career change, or a disaster. In these times we are willing to listen more intently, and to seek God in ways we would not normally do. C.S. Lewis once wrote, "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." [C.S.Lewis, The Problem of Pain (New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1962), 93.]

This....AMEIN~ same can apply to how we deal with people as well. :yep:

Delays in our life are not always easy to handle or to reconcile in our minds. Often, when God does not answer our prayers in the time that we feel He should, we appoint all sorts of characteristics to God's nature that imply He does not care.

Back