Difference between different MTG's

blackbarbie

Can anyone tell me the difference between the original MTG (oil? I hear everyone talk about its oily) that you get from Shapley's and the Mane and Tail creamy conditioner that you find in the store? Anyone ever use the conditioner from the retail stores with good results? That's what I have been thinking that everyone was talking about as I have been reading the post and when I clicked on the shapley's website, saw differently.

Below is the thread on Mane N Tail (shampoo & conditioner) many people use it regularly with great results. The MTG is for growth where the Mane N Tail is to help strengthen the hair and for some people reduce breakage.
The Official Mane N Tail User's Club

Mane N Tail
120779.jpg

Conditions hair and skin; gives a lustrous, silky look; helps shield against breakage of hair and improves split ends' appearance; corrects the appearance of damage from use of bleach and peroxide lighteners; moisturizes to help eliminate itching caused by common external irritants; protects against damage from sun and wind; keeps hair tangle-free, soft and manageable for grooming and braiding.

Original MTG
http://www.shapleys.com/omtg.html
Original_MTG.jpg

The ULTIMATE Mane & Tail Conditioner/Skin Treatment/Hair Growth Producer. A MUST FOR EVERY HORSE OWNER!
Shapley's Original M-T-G has proven results after just one application! Use as a leave-in conditioner/detangler and for promoting mane and tail hair growth.

blackbarbie said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between the original MTG (oil? I hear everyone talk about its oily) that you get from Shapley's and the Mane and Tail creamy conditioner that you find in the store? Anyone ever use the conditioner from the retail stores with good results? That's what I have been thinking that everyone was talking about as I have been reading the post and when I clicked on the shapley's website, saw differently.

Mane and Tail is totally different from MTG, which is the Shapley's product. If you do a search, you should be able to pull up a few threads about Mane and Tail poo and conditioner. I think there is/was a Mane and Tail challenge thread.

I see now. I just joined the board yesterday and I am trying to pin down my new hair care regimen and I have been going through old posts and saw quite a bit of info on MTG and was thinking it was the Mane and Tail that came out many years ago that everyone was using.......

Thanks for the reply!

I love MTG for growth and softness, but I HATE the Main and Tail shampoo. I tried it a few weeks ago and it left my hair dry and strawlike..no slippness or moisture benefits at all from that stuff. I'll switch back to my first love, CON shampoo, I just thought of trying something different at the time and made a big mistake in product choices.

Current hair length: 3 inches past brastrap as of 9/05
Hair goal: 5 inches past brastrap by Dec. 2005

Back