Difference between 16 & 12 week stretch

HairQueen

Hi guys :)

The most I have managed to stretch to so far is 12 weeks and this has made a massive difference to the overall health and thickness of my hair compared with when I used to relax every 6 weeks.

My question is has anybody noticed much difference to their hair in stretching to 16 weeks compared with 12? If so what were they? I don't want to put myself through the unnecessary anguish of stretching an extra 4 weeks from 12 to 16 if it doesn't make much difference...

BUMP,

Queenie

I would really like to know as well, I know how to stretch but would like to know the benefits. I usually go 11-12 weeks. I have plenty of ng so there is no overlapping. So I need to know why I would go through the toture of waiting 16weeks

Kizzy

I am a transitioner and my 16th week will be Sunday. I didn't see much difference at all from my 12th week to now. If any, maybe .25 more hair growth other than that no difference. If you are having problems, I would say forget the extra 4 weeks and do what is best for YOUR hair.

kizzylonghair said:
BUMP,

Queenie

I would really like to know as well, I know how to stretch but would like to know the benefits. I usually go 11-12 weeks. I have plenty of ng so there is no overlapping. So I need to know why I would go through the toture of waiting 16weeks

Kizzy

Ya know! I don't want any more torture, making it to 12 weeks is bad enough! :lol: I will go to 16 if its worth it though!

Right now I am heading for 17 weeks. This is the first time I've done that, ever. The longest I go for is 10-12 wks. Before lhcf it was 4-6 weeks (no wonder my hair did not grow) I will let you girls know how it turn out, but from what I read and seen the longer (if there is no breaking/shedding) the better. The trick to strecthing is training your hair to stretch. You have to push it a little bit futher.

I stretch up to 16 weeks as well. I did 20 weeks once, basically its just more growth IMO, and you need to be careful bout it getting tangled, thats all I really needed help with.

At 12 weeks I don't have enough growth to get a touch up without seriously overlapping (even though it's hard to comb through). At 16 weeks, the new growth is undeniable.

Back