Dieting & Potential Negative Impact on Hair Health?

Alpha Female

I was reading a magazine article the other day that said you should never diet because that reduces nutrient absorption by the body, in particular, that available for hair growth since your hair is one of the last places on the body to get 'fuel' from nutrients, and thus one of the first to be affected when that 'fuel' is reduced.

So I know that theoretically, you shouldn't really diet, you should view it as a long-term 'lifestyle' change. But the reality is that in order to lose pounds, you have to exercise & reduce calories, which means less food, right??? So then, how do you prevent potential negative impact on your hair? Are vitamin supplements enough to make up the difference & ensure your hair continues to thrive?

By Making sure u get the proper nutrients by taking vitamins and supplements . U can still reduce calories and still eat healthy balanced nutrient filled foods also the eating less part means eating less junk or bad foods.. well balanced small or min meals throughout the day is best

The ONLY time a diet will have negative effect on your hair (skin and nails) is when you don't eat enough GOOD HEALTHY nutrient rich food and or you become bulimica and anorexic.

You have to realize that your hair skin and nails are the last place to receive nutrition, of course b/c everything else like your vital organs are more important. If you notice with people that have eating disorders ESPECIALLY anorexia not only will you notice their thin appearence but you'll also notice their skin has color drained and their hair will come out in clumps.

I just think as long as you don't do some crazy crash diet you should be ok. Even if you eat less food if you make it count by eating more healthy food you should be ok.

if u eat a balanced diet with lots of veggies fruits, and water. it will not only help you lose weight but will improve the health and increase your growth rate. a good diet can only affect hair in a positive way.

Back