Did the Aloe do this, or did I just have a good stylist???

ms_kenesha

Okay, before I got my hair relaxed, I twisted it with aloe vera gel and now my hair when I washed it and even right now it feels like I have moisture "locked in". I don't know how to explain it, but my relaxed hair, even when relaxed well has never behaved like this. I don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't even feel the same as my old relaxed hair felt.

So, I'm wondering is this a result of the aloe vera gel I used prior to relaxing, is it because this was a virgin relaxer on really well cared for natural hair, is it a result of a stylist not overprocessing my hair or is my stylist just the BOMB?

Just to be safe, I'm going to always use aloe vera gel on my hair before I get a touch up. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

MsK....I think your using the aloe had a lot to do with the extra softness....aloe vera is an excellent humectant for skin and hair....I have been adding AO aloe vera gel to my deep and leave in conditioners for the past 3 years, and i have noticed that my hair is definitely softer than before... /images/graemlins/up.gif

it's the aloe. i'm due for a touch up next week and i'm gonna put some aloe in my hair this weekend. when i first texturized, i didn't use any type of treatment as a buffer for my hair and that caused alot of shedding and breakage. I just did an aphogee treatment last night, so along with the aloe my hair should be prepped enough for my touch up

Back