DID STYLIST DO THIS ON PURPOSE?

RegaLady

So I always wear short pixie hair, now I recently am growing my hair out- 3 months now! Anyway, I told my hairstylist the last visit that I am growing my hair out, after not seeing her for 3 months, and that I won't be cutting it. We'll she says," Girl are you gonna make it?" And as she retouches my hair, she slaps perm on everything, even the previous permed hair. Well, my hair looks great when I leave the salon, because she is a great stylist. However, after washing it a week later, the ends are fried!:wallbash: So all the work I feel I've done were in vain.:sad: Is there a difference between a stylist who does great hair, and I stylist who TAKES great care of hair? What should I do now?

Ouch, you are definately going to have to baby your hair after that experience. Only she knows if she did it on purpose (I think she did :blush:, she didn't want to lose that money cause a pixie cut means going to her every couple of weeks).

There's a huge difference between a stylist who does great STYLES, and one who knows that there's more to hair than just how it's cut, and works to keep it as healthy as possible.
But in the end, it's all up to YOU, beucase you have the final say about what happens to your hair.

Did you speak up when you saw her put the perm on your entire head?

Ouch, you are definately going to have to baby your hair after that experience. Only she knows if she did it on purpose (I think she did :blush:, she didn't want to lose that money cause a pixie cut means going to her every couple of weeks).

There's a huge difference between a stylist who does great STYLES, and one who knows that there's more to hair than just how it's cut, and works to keep it as healthy as possible.
But in the end, it's all up to YOU, beucase you have the final say about what happens to your hair.

Did you speak up when you saw her put the perm on your entire head?

Unfortunately no!:wallbash: I didn't see her put it in, but I assumed she knew to only get the new growth. As I was sitting there, I really didn't know what to think. I could have asked her to take it out, but that would have left the new growth underprocessed. Should I just do a BC?

For now i would incorparate deep conditioning into every shampoo and see how the hair response to that. I hope she neutralized your hair, too. But whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T GET BACK IN HER CHAIR. I can't even imagine what she will do next. If she's been touching up your ng only all along, then she knew exactly what she was doing. Sorry that happened to you.

So I always wear short pixie hair, now I recently am growing my hair out- 3 months now! Anyway, I told my hairstylist the last visit that I am growing my hair out, after not seeing her for 3 months, and that I won't be cutting it. We'll she says," Girl are you gonna make it?" And as she retouches my hair, she slaps perm on everything, even the previous permed hair. Well, my hair looks great when I leave the salon, because she is a great stylist. However, after washing it a week later, the ends are fried!:wallbash: So all the work I feel I've done were in vain.:sad: Is there a difference between a stylist who does great hair, and I stylist who TAKES great care of hair? What should I do now?

Yes, there is a huge difference...unfortunately it seems to be that there are more of the former than the latter...

There's a big difference. In fact I think most stylist concentrate on producing great styles as opposed to healthy hair. My stylist constantly complained about my dry hair but never offered any suggestions for how to combat it. Even when I would ask questions about conditioners, moisturizers or salon treatments she would never give me a direct answer. So needless to say I haven't been back in over a year.

I'm wondering how she relaxed your hair before this incident. Did she always apply the relaxer throughout the hair? If so, then maybe she didn't do it on purpose. My experience is that its kinda hard to only apply relaxer to the root when you have short hair. I'm at fault as much as your stylist is(self-relaxer) and even on the rare occasion when I would let my stylist apply my relaxer she did the same thing. So you can imagine how fried my ends are. Luckily I found this site and I have more information. When you know better you do better.

Anyway, if you really like your stylist and you want to continue seeing her I think you should talk to her about it. Let her know that you only want your roots relaxed. If she can't accommodate you I suggest finding someone who will or maybe learn how to apply it yourself. With the right info, you would most likely take better care of your hair than anyone else.

Thank you ladies. She has permed everything before, but, the part that was over permed was cut off. Maybe I jumped the gun. However, I still say although it is short, it was longer than before, and I assumed should have known better to perm the growth.

I will also try the deep conditioner in my shampoo. But is cutting off these parts good to do?

Having not seen your hair I'm not sure how bad it is. I think deep conditioning and protein treatments may revive your fried ends. Try to eliminate direct heat as well. I'm sure the forum vets may have more suggestions.

Dump her quickly! She obviously cannot be trusted w/anything more than an inch of hair. :nono2: :(

W/some protien, deep moisturizing treatments, a leave-in conditioner, and a hair rinse, you'll be as good as new in a few months.

Dump her quickly! She obviously cannot be trusted w/anything more than an inch of hair. :nono2: :(

W/some protien, deep moisturizing treatments, a leave-in conditioner, and a hair rinse, you'll be as good as new in a few months.

I so so Agree

Thank you ladies. She has permed everything before, but, the part that was over permed was cut off. Maybe I jumped the gun. However, I still say although it is short, it was longer than before, and I assumed should have known better to perm the growth.

I will also try the deep conditioner in my shampoo. But is cutting off these parts good to do?

Cutting off the over processed hair would be good because then all of your hair would be healthy. The ladies are trying to give you ideas on how to keep the hair but if you would feel less stressed and better then go ahead and cut and start fresh. And now you know to be careful about letting someone relax your previously relaxed hair. I can't tell if she was trying to purposely sabatouge(sp?) you are not, but I wouldn't trust her again.

My god you ladies are so helpful. I have deep conditioned it and put aloe vera gel, olive oil, and shea butter oil in it, and let it sit or an hour. So hopefully it will work. I plan to do this once a week. I also dusted that area. I am currently looking for a stylist now, and inform then that I want only new growth permed, and thats if I decided to perm again. :perplexed For now, no heat either.:nono:

redliz81, maybe u should see if there is another member in your area who can recommend one. Or, u could ask the new stylist if u could watch her give someone else a perm, etc.

Back