Did someone say Keracare Humecto is a deep conditioner?

Qurlyqt

I hunted several BSS until I found the new/improved bottle because I have heard great things about it. However, I used it as a deep conditioner and was severely disappointed. I call my sister because she swears by it and she said, "Its just a regular conditioner." I washed my hair, sectioned and applied Humecto, sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. After rinsing, my hair did not feel anything. :nono:

Do any of you use it as a deep conditioner? Did I do something wrong?

I'm in the same boat, because it didn't do anything for me either. Then I heard the tub was supposed to be better, but, eh, I just never revisited it after the bottle of the humecto disappointed me.

It's my favorite DC! Since I got here in October, I've purchased many conditioners trying to find my staples. I don't have all of my staples but I have my moisturizing DC. None of those other expensive conditiners can touch Keracare Humecto IMO. It leaves my hair soooo moisturized and soft. And the slip? I can't even start to tell you about that, I'd be going on all day long! LOL

Maybe it doesn't work well for naturals. Idk.

I only say this because all 3 of you are natural and all of the relaxed haired people that I know loves it.

Op, you used it correctly though.

I LOVE IT!!! I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but it leaves my hair feeling soft and very moisturized. I use it the exact same way you described above and ITA with you Denise, maybe there's a difference in how it reacts with natural hair and relaxed hair....

i havent used the new formula but i love the old one as a deep treatment with heat. it kept my relaxed hair moisturized.

I've never used it, just wanted to chime in and tell you how gorgeous your hair is!

Aw, ladies, thanks SO much!

You may be onto something as far as how it works for natural vs relaxed hair. My sister is relaxed and that may explain why she loves it so. Guess I'll have to stick with my AO HSR unless something better comes along.

Sorry it didn't work for you. But it really, really works for me. Gets my hair soft and gives a lot of slip. Likewise, many of the products that are raved about on this site don't work for me.

You can always you it as a regular conditioner at least till its used up; that is what I do for DCs that don't work for me

Aw, ladies, thanks SO much!

You may be onto something as far as how it works for natural vs relaxed hair. My sister is relaxed and that may explain why she loves it so. Guess I'll have to stick with my AO HSR unless something better comes along.

Your hair is beautiful. I adore AO HSR as a moisturising conditioner and have not even looked at trying anything else is the 3 years that I have been using it.

If I use it after washing I add honey but if I use it as a prepoo I had honey, oils and sometimes molasses if my hair needs a little strengthening. Have you tried adding honey?

I used it and was not very impressed... but I used the one in the bottle. I've never tried the tub though, I've heard it is thicker ...

I used it and was not very impressed... but I used the one in the bottle. I've never tried the tub though, I've heard it is thicker ...

Your hair is beautiful

OP your hair is beautiful also. When I see hair like yours I really do consider going natural.

I use the Humecto in the tub. Its really thick and is brilliant for my relaxed hair, especially when used with heat.

Last edited:
Hi,
I believe it is formulated as a deep conditioner. I am relaxed and I use it faithfully and love it.

I have 4a/b natural hair and use it as a deep conditioner and have great results with it, it makes my hair extremely soft. I haven't used the new formula though.

I hunted several BSS until I found the new/improved bottle because I have heard great things about it. However, I used it as a deep conditioner and was severely disappointed. I call my sister because she swears by it and she said, "Its just a regular conditioner." I washed my hair, sectioned and applied Humecto, sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. After rinsing, my hair did not feel anything. :nono:

I felt the same way untill I started putting EVOO in it and all I can say is WOW my hair is so soft ... HTH

I am in search of a good DC. I'm so sad that so many naturals have said that this one didn't do the trick for them. Its frustrating because I was looking at this other post about DC especially for naturals and of course, most of them are not sold in stores. I need something today dang-it! :drunk:

Last edited:
I used the regular KCH and it did nothing... However, I use the one that was for color treated hair and WOW! a world of difference.

My hair hated this stuff with a passion. I ended up giving it away. I also feel like it dried out and damaged my hair.

Back