Did he mess my hair up on purpose?

EccentricRed

So, I had a midday break between class/work, and I went to go chill out at homeboys crib because I was extra tired. When it was time for me to leave, he decides to put his hands on my head (starting at my forehead) and he rubs the front of my hair like he was wiping my head off. My hair was pulled back in a bun. So the front of my hair appeared extra frizzy. I looked a hot mess and had to skip class.

I asked a few of my male friends and they laughed as though they had done something like this before...:scratchch. He knows how crazy I am about my hair. Shoot, he could have just asked me to stay!

He ain't slick.

Wait, you skipped class because of your hair? Ok, LOL, I need to use that one sometime:)

Wow, that didn't seem like that big of a deal to skip class. I would've used my hands (and some water if necessary) and simply smoothed the top back in the bun.

This is exactly what I was thinking!

I thought that was kinda crazy too but it depends on how bad he messed it up. Also, I can't stand my hair to be frizzy. This is why I don't wear it out/down anymore. If I even think my hair is frizzy I'm stressing!

Men like to see women's hair slightly touseled (sp) because that's how a woman looks during and immediately after the act of coloring. Lots of men will do that, mess up a woman's hair a bit, esp if he is sexually attracted to her.

And maybe, just maybe, he wanted people who saw you exiting his place to think you two had been getting it on.

^ This...and why judgment about her skipping class? Some of you have probably have skipped for less important reasons at least once.

^ This...and why judgment about her skipping class? Some of you have probably have skipped for less important reasons at least once.

Can't say that I have...I'm still paying on my loans now (schooling was 5 yrs ago!) so it wouldn't be that easy to opt out! If I can make it walking from home and wobbly pregnant, a lil fuzz wouldn't have hurt me!:lachen:

Those of us who are saying they wouldn't have missed class are just saying how we would've handled it. Opinion doesn't necessarily = judgement. I didn't see a post saying she was a bad person for missing class. Some agree and some disagree w/her decision but everybody is saying their opinion. Including you:yep:

I'm judging because I think that skipping class over frizzy hair is a really bad idea - are we no longer allowed to comment on sisters doing things that seem to be detrimental to their stated goals? :ohwell:

I'd hate for anyone to take my silence on the subject as implicit approval that it's a wise idea. *grin* Maybe I think too highly of myself.

School costs me too much to skip. But ok. The last time I skipped school was Sept. 11, 2001 (I'm a halftime student off and on) and I went to school Sept. 12, 2001.

As far as the question. I don't know, did you ask him??

School costs me too much to skip. But ok. The last time I skipped school was Sept. 11, 2001 (I'm a halftime student off and on) and I went to school Sept. 12, 2001.

As far as the question. I don't know, did you ask him??

I agree, ask him is a nice way.. But men do like to do that... I'm a college teacher, so skipping out on class :look: makes me a little sad, I don't like it when my students do that.

Last edited:
If you have a school bag or purse, hair,face and body stuff should ALWAYS be readily available! For situations like this one. Take the lesson learned.....NO NEED TO SKIP CLASS.

Back