Did Deep Brillance make anyone else.... shed?

LuLu

So I've had my own private mystery to solve. About three weeks ago I bought the DB products(hydration shampoo and moisture shine treament), and used them. When i finished washing my hair I noticed some shedding after getting out of the shower, since I needed a relaxer at the time I didn't think anything of it.

A week later I got a relaxer and the shedding continued, and has continued for the past three weeks, whole hairs...white bulbs and all and I never shed this much, I even tried doing just a wet bun in which I wash condition and finger comb my hair into a bun and leave it....still shedding.

So i though hmmm
scratchchin.gif
let me lay off the DB til I know what's going on.
think.gif
Yesterday I washed with CON, and conditioned with keraphix and mizani moisturefuse( my old routine) and bammo! no more shedding, I lost maybe 10 hairs in the combout afterwards and none since...my hair was back to normal this morning. I combed it down from the wrap and lost like 2 hairs!

What gives?? I really liked the DB system and it smells delicious, am I allergic? Why would it make me shed like that?

I would guess that it was time for you to do a protein treatment since the Keraphix made your shedding stop. What do you think?

I don't know, because using the keraphix before the moisturizing conditioner is my routine...I do it every week with no problems.

I would love to figure out it was something else because I love the way the DB smells and I spent a lot of money on it but that was the only thing I changed...can you think of anything else?

Well,

I know that the Moisture Shine treatment does make the hair very soft, but I love it. Yet, I am beginning to like the dB reconstructor more than the Moisture Shine because it seems to give a balance of moisture, softness, and strength. You should try it and see what you think.

Like SG said, maybe you needed a strong protein conditioner. Ive never experienced shedding with DB. Actually the opposite. It detangles my hair very well, which results in less hair in my comb. Whatever it was, I'm glad you got the shedding under control
smile.gif

Thanks SG, I will try the reconstructor...good idea, thanks
up.gif

Armyqt thanks also for the input.

Back