DId BoingBoing Make BSL?

BSL??

• Yes!

Votes: 64 78.0%
  • No!

Votes: 18 22.0%

• Total voters
**I only ask because sometimes..well more than sometimes i see some people on fotki or where ever and they be having like to two strangs (not strings, I mean strangs of hair like my mama would say) that touch APL or BSL and they be claiming it lol. And I be like "Hell nawhh that aint right" to myself! So I don't want to be one of those people claiming it and its not right lol**

So give it to me straight ladies BSL??? Am I offical? I'm shooting for full BSL/BSB hopefully by December 09

82009-vi.jpg

LMAO at "strangs."

You definitely can claim it.

**I only ask because sometimes..well more than sometimes i see some people on fotki or where ever and they be having like to two strangs (not strings, I mean strangs of hair like my mama would say) that touch APL or BSL and they be claiming it lol. And I be like "Hell nawhh that aint right" to myself! So I don't want to be one of those people claiming it and its not right lol**

So give it to me straight ladies BSL??? Am I offical? I'm shooting for full BSL/BSB hopefully by December 09

82009-vi.jpg

I'd claim it too:yep:. How long did it take you to go from APL to BSL???

I say that you made it. Congratulations!
I think the people may be saying no in the poll because of your shrinkage, which I think is beautiful BTW.
I think when you straighten your whole head then it will be more clear for some people because you can only pull but so much of your hair trying to show length.

I thought that BSL and BSB are the same length. Since your BSB goal date is later this year, maybe that's why some are saying no.

Love your waves :yep:

Thanks! Yea BSL is at the top of the strap and FULL BSL (or some call it BSB Below shoulder blades cause some people have a longer torso than others) is under the bra strap.

I say that you made it. Congratulations!
I think the people may be saying no in the poll because of your shrinkage, which I think is beautiful BTW.
I think when you straighten your whole head then it will be more clear for some people because you can only pull but so much of your hair trying to show length.

yea I am going to flatiron it to get a real length check but i was excitied and wanted to see.

Thanks! Yea BSL is at the top of the strap and FULL BSL (or some call it BSB Below shoulder blades cause some people have a longer torso than others) is under the bra strap.

Speaking as one of the people who voted no, I agree you made BSL according to that specific bra on your body and congrats for that!

I voted no because I really don't believe in the BSL measurement. If you were wearing a bra with a thinner clasp at the back, it's possible you wouldn't be BSL.

Bras are supposed to fall below the shoulder blades, which is why I go by BSB. People use that marker because it is less subjective, not because some people have longer torso's. BSL is really arbitrary and can be pretty much wherever a person wants it to be.

Also, I believe the "full" measurement refers to when all of your hair reaches a length.

Anyway, this is in no way trying to take away your progress or be negative. Just wanted to explain why I voted that way.

Speaking as one of the people who voted no, I agree you made BSL according to that specific bra on your body and congrats for that!

I voted no because I really don't believe in the BSL measurement. If you were wearing a bra with a thinner clasp at the back, it's possible you wouldn't be BSL.

Bras are supposed to fall below the shoulder blades, which is why I go by BSB. People use that marker because it is less subjective, not because some people have longer torso's. BSL is really arbitrary and can be pretty much wherever a person wants it to be.

Also, I believe the "full" measurement refers to when all of your hair reaches a length.

Anyway, this is in no way trying to take away your progress or be negative. Just wanted to explain why I voted that way.

The the bottom of my brastrap (which is rather thick) sits right on top of the bottom of my shoulder blades. Maybe taking a picture with no bra or a bra that falls below and not on would make for a better measurement.

And no negativity taken at all. That’s why I asked and did the poll. I understand what you’re saying about "full" that makes sense. Someone explained it to me a different way so I guess there are variations with hair measuring amongst people?

It took me 4 months to go from APL to where I am now so I know my longest layer will be BSB before the year is over.*crosses fingers*

Back