Did Anyone Here...

jennifer30

get a lot of hair growth by just wearing twists or braids? this is my first time in crochet twists and i need encouragement. i will leave them in for four months...i really need growth to happen

That can be a great protective style but...I would reconsider leaving them in for 4 months. Is it 4 months straight without getting it redone? Sorry if I misunderstood. I can't imagine all the shed hair causing the detangling session from hell. Not to mention not having real access to your hair underneath in order to wash, moisturize, etc.

That can be a great protective style but...I would reconsider leaving them in for 4 months. Is it 4 months straight without getting it redone? Sorry if I misunderstood. I can't imagine all the shed hair causing the detangling session from hell. Not to mention not having real access to your hair underneath in order to wash, moisturize, etc.

Yeah...if it's 4 months straight with the same install, you'll probably do more harm than good.

yeah..well .i read somewhere that its ok to leave them in for 3-4 months..lol i'll probably redo them every 2 months now that you guys mentioned it

yeah..well .i read somewhere that its ok to leave them in for 3-4 months..lol i'll probably redo them every 2 months now that you guys mentioned it
No, 2.5 to 3 months max for the best retention. There are many threads about women protective styling with braids. I'm one of them. Success with braids is dependent on many factors, mainly getting them installed correctly and being consistent with moisture while in braids.

The hair is locked within the braid, but you can still do all those things for your real hair. They key is that everything must be liquid for it to penetrate through the braiding hair to your real hair. You have to dilute your shampoo, only use liquid leave ins, etc.

No, 2.5 to 3 months max for the best retention. There are many threads about women protective styling with braids. I'm one of them. Success with braids is dependent on many factors, mainly getting them installed correctly and being consistent with moisture while in braids.

The hair is locked within the braid, but you can still do all those things for your real hair. They key is that everything must be liquid for it to penetrate through the braiding hair to your real hair. You have to dilute your shampoo, only use liquid leave ins, etc.
ok thank you...

Back