Detangling?

LadyRaider

Anyone else never had a detangling problem? My hair just doesn't get all tangled up. I don't think I've ever had a ssk either.

Now since I've reading this board, I've been combing my hair when it had conditioner on it and it definitely makes things easier. But I've never had to focus on detangling my hair.

When I talked to white women who for whatever reason have black girls, I'd always tell them that all they had to do is make sure they combed and braided up their child's hair when it was wet. Now I feel bad because perhaps there was more to it. Now at least I tell them to comb it with conditioner in. :)

I keep my hair stretched 99% of the time and locked in a style that maintains the tangle-free state. So I don't ever have to spend time detangling and SSKs are also not an issue for me.

I was just about to post a new thread about this LadyRaider. I hear all sorts of bad things about wash-n-go's because of single strand knots and tangling. I have not had that problem at all!
So I'm wondering, is it because some ladies wear their wash-n-go's for a couple of days without detangling it everyday that they have trouble with ssk's and tangling?

You tangle-free ladies are very fortunate. I almost never "wash and go" because that is asking for a nightmare de-tangling session within hours. Nothing keeps tangles out of my hair.

Well I guess I'm the unfortunate one who deals w/ tangles but I don't do wash n goes and I usually keep my hair in protective styles. I have tangles b/c I don't comb my hair until wash time so that could be 1-2 weeks.

Back