Detangling Conditioners

• Thread starter Thread starter AmilLion
  • Start date Start date
Pantene Smooth & Sleek conditioner gives excellent 'slip'. I used this yesterday, and the comb glided through my hair (from root to tip) with such ease (even a fine tooth comb). I purchased it from Wal-Mart for $3.32.

Allandra

I have been VERY tempted to try a product from the Pantene range, but there products are 50/50 so I've heard about the usage of cones. Does this product contain cones.

BTW I use oil sheen containing cones and quite like it so it doesn't bother me. Hell the shinier the better as long as my hair isn't being damaged.

My hair has never had a problem with cones. I know a lot of people don't like Pantene products, but I love the conditioner. It's got some of the greatest 'slip', and a good detangler is something that my hair loves.

Allandra

Now why did you have to go and say it gives excellent slip? That means I'm going to have to try it soon. At least I'm organized about my shopping. I put it on a list to be tried.

Is this payback for the L'Oreal? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ditto with the Smooth-n-Sleek. I started using it after it was recommended by Valleygirl. It's also great as a leave in when you want to air dry...it defines the curls and gives some 'weight' for the natural look.

I have to agree with Allandra and Sweetcocoa. I have the Smooth N Sleek conditioner and I think its excellent! The slip is incredible! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes Pantene Smooth and Sleek is the BOMB! I love it and have been using it for years. (before it was called Dry Damaged Hair conditioner but repackaged with the same ingredients and a different name)
A recent discovery is the Olive Oil Cholesteral by Hollywood Beauty. It is heavy and detangles nicely. Very moisturising too.
I got one for free when you buy the Olive Oil Cream.
Valleygirl

Daviine,

Girl, it only cost me $3.32. Go on and get yourself a bottle. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm in no hurry to get the Feria. I'm loving the Pantene right now.

Aussie Slip
Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment
Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal
Infusium Power Pac
Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions - I like the Color Proetecting formula the best
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I tried Aussie Slip too after hearing about it on this board. I really like it. So, valley girl...i had no idea the new pantene used to be the conditioner for dry damaged hair! i remember it was in the green&white bottle! it used to work wonderfully for me waaaay back in '95 & '96! my sister and i started using it only because my dad worked at the manufacturer & we got tons of it for free! pantene worked sooo well for our hair back then....i haven't used it in 4 years and now i'm tempted! hmmmmm

Hey Ebony
If I remember correctly the Pantene for Dry Damaged hair came in a Red and White bottle (white w/red lettering) The Smooth and Sleek comes in a white w/ green lettering bottle.

Your dad worked at Pantene..and you got it for free....I am sooo jealous!!!
I love this stuff. It has been a staple in my routine since I went natural..
Valleygirl

The best bang for the buck for me since I have been natural has been Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. I soak my hair in this and detangle.

The Pantene smooth and sleek used to be the dry/damaged conditioner? I used that for YEARS and loved it. I stopped using it when I stopped using the Pantene shampoo, and before I went natural. Maybe I should try it again.....

Back