Detangling Conditioner Need Recommendations

pinkstileto

Hello Fellow LHCF-

I am loving my hair these days but the longer I stretch the more tangles I have. Henna has been a god sent with allowing me to stretch longer because the mixture loosens my curl pattern. I truly believe if I find the right moisturizer that can detangle my new growth after washing... my regiment will be perfect. Please give me any suggestions that will tame these tangles. Thanks!

For me, atleast, it was the type of conditioner, but my method of detangling. Detangling only in the shower under running water w/my shower comb has made for the easiest comb outs with little hair loss and virtually no breakage. I use $1 store conditioners.

I like the cream of Nature Nourishing conditioner (purple label). You can use it as both a deep and a rinse out.

I condition with natural yogurt and my hair is always tangle free. I also use honey/EVOO as a DC and no tangles what so ever. It's easier to comb through after the honey/EVOO DC but both are great on my hair.

Organix conditioners detangle my hair like nobody's business. I let it sit while I shower and then add a dollop of a cheapie over it, like WRTC and comb under the shower stream in sections.

That and washing in braids keeps tangles at bay for me. :yep:

Ones that i tried love and alternate are:
1) Tropical Avocado conditioner (dominican product)
2) Freedman Sea Kelp Ultra Nourishing Moisturizing Conditioner
3) Jason Sea Kelp Conditioner
4) Jason Thin-To-Thick Conditioner
5) Silicon Mix
6) Paul Mitchell THE BETANGLER
7) l'Oreal conditioner for curls
HTH.

Organix conditioners detangle my hair like nobody's business. I let it sit while I shower and then add a dollop of a cheapie over it, like WRTC and comb under the shower stream in sections.

That and washing in braids keeps tangles at bay for me. :yep:

Yep, Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner definitely gets the job done!

Elucence MB is great, too.

A conditioner containing cetyl alcohol. Add oil (EVOO or coconut) to up the detangling.

I used V05 and EVOO to help me detangle my new growth while transitioning. Cholestorel (if you want something thicker) mixed with oil also works and is what I use now.

Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight conditioner :grin:
Joico Silk Result conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
PC Corrector

Doing a quick rinse with any of these alone (or in combo) melts the tangles away. :yep:

Back