Detangline System with Rusk Sensories- Does this work for you?

Fine 4s

Hey ladies,

(I know better not to post w/out pics so....)

Lately, I've been detangling BEFORE washing my hair. Although, it requires more patience and care, I THINK it's better for my hair and I avoid the dreaded hair balls in the tub.

I use either water or Rusk Sensories Brilliance Color Protectant Grapefruit & Honey leave-in spray to detangle. You can definitely smell the grapefruit in this product! My question is: Do you like using a leave-in or detangler BEFORE the wash? It seems like a waste of $$ which is why I prefer using water! If I'm not doing a protein treatment, I'll also use coconut oil (or any oil) with the water.

I wore a twist out pony throughout the week. The first day of this style, the pony had a nice low hang, as time progressed, the puff got...puffier and moved upward :) I prepared for the same style last night and used my Rusk leave-in spray with another Rusk leave-in product from the same line but a lotion consistency to detangle and twisted the front & sealed with jojoba oil. The back was not detangled, just sprayed, lotioned and oiled in each section (using the left over parts from the failed twist out of the previous week) which was twisted in much larger chunks.

I bought these products 3 for $10 @ the IBSNY show.

I like....

Ingredients for cream/lotion:
Water (Aqua) , Isododecane , Isohexadecane , Dimethylacrylamide , Quaternium-91 , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Methosulfate , Panthenol , Methyleugenyl PEG-8 Dimethicone , Honey (Mel) , Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit) , Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower) , Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract , C10-11 Isoparaffin , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Amodimethicone , Cetrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Trideceth-12 , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Propylene Glycol , Benzophenone-4 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 10 (CI 47005) , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Limonene , Hexyl Cinnamal

Attachments

Last edited:
More here...

Attachments

• Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Texture.jpg
    Texture.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Texture 2.jpg
    Texture 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Front twist out and puff redifined.jpg
    Front twist out and puff redifined.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Twist out pony 006.jpg
    Twist out pony 006.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 26
Maybe I should work on creating more catchy key words? LOL
What are they? Maybe THAT's a thread starter?

Fine 4s I just came in her to stare at your hair especially when I saw you name. AWESOME!!!! I'm relaxed and sometimes use a detangler prior to wash especially I have not combed my hair in a while.

I only use oil (coconut or ceramide) and a spray with a water/condish before I wash.

btw I am a STAN for your hair!

*sigh* Beautimous!

I'm odd because I don't detangle before I wash. I don't have a problem with tangles usually. I use a simple pre-poo of oil or an oil/conditioner mix. When I do detangle, it's always after I rinse out my DC and it's in sections (Wanakee method.) So far, so good.

That's it, my four ladies?!

I never heard of the Wanakee method ( I lied, I have heard the name mentioned and always wondered who she was?) Maybe I'll try that one day although I think the products would work better on DRY hair than wet, out of the shower hair.
Something about applying conditioner on detangled hair that feels so yummy :P

Thanks ladies!

I used to dangle before washing when I was natural. I added conditioner to damp hair, detangled and washed in sections. It was good for my hair.

meecee
Sometimes the simplest solutions escape me!
I'll use cheapie condish to detangle prior to washing, I think I like this system better than detangling on wet hair (another fragile state.)
However, when I decide to pree-poo with an oil/hot oil treatment, do you think I can add the oil or would the condish interfere with what the hot oil treatment is suppose to do?

I would mix cholesterol conditioner with olive oil. Heat it for 30 seconds in the microwave and let it sit I on my hair for a while. Detangling was much easier afterwards. You could gp the same with any conditioner and oil I think.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I do this with my little one. I use ORS Replenishing pack and put a bag on her head. It works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back