Design or Mizani, please vote!

Of the options below, which lye relaxer would you recommend?

• Design Lye

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Mizani Lye

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Another brand of a fantastic lye relaxer (please elaborate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Divine Inspiration

Alright ladies, for those of you who use either (or have used both), please vote in my poll.

I'm trying to decide which I want to relax with this week. Both are lye, and I've heard good things about Mizani so I'm leaning towards it, but I don't think I know enough about Design's lye relaxers to make an informed decision at this point.

So, I'm turning to the lovely ladies of LHCF for input. :)

Nita81 said:
I've only used mizani out of the two so I'm biased:lol:

Same here. I've been using Mizani Rhelaxer for Fine/Color Treated Hair (my hair is neither fine nor color treated, actually) for years.

I loved Mizani as well. I used Super and was still underprocessed... So I switched. But it really is the best relaxer I've ever tried. I may go back to it.

I did have a DE relaxer once at the salon, but I don't remember the results... sorry :lol:

4 hairdressers ago and 4 moves ago, my old hairdresser used Super strength Design Essentials on me.
BEST RELAXER IN THE WORLD.
Everyone else I've gone to since uses Affirm and Mizani and neither can compare.
I'm thinking about switching back shortly but very few hairdressers where I live us Super - as a result I'm very underprocessed!
So give it a try!

My last texturizer touch up, my stylist used Design, I really like the results and my was soft and beautiful. Years go, My stylist used to use MIzani and I had great results with that too, I think I may go back to Mizani.

Divine thanks for starting this thread! I am getting a relaxer in ~4 months and narrowed it down to Design essentials & Mizani......but have heard great things about both.... decisions,decisions

I agree with Jasmin...as a stylist, you can get Mizani practically anywhere and is more readily available. Design Essentials is supposed to be sold only by a rep. but some reps. don't produce exactly when you need them. Soi you just opt to what's available.

I've tried both and I would have to give Mizani the big :down:...Mizani caused constant shedding and did not relax my roots at all so I felt it was a waste of time and money...and I tried it more than one time just to be sure it wasn't something else preventing me from having relaxed roots.

As for Design...I give that one a big :up:...Design Essentials is my second best relaxer behind Vitale Pro...but Vitale is bugging on their production level as well...so I may have to go back to Design.

i've had both design essentials and mizani and liked the results of mizani better. my hair was straight for a while with DE but it didn't last as long and my hair wasn't as healthy and shiny as it was with mizani.

Back