Design Essentials Gets Me Compliments

achangedlife

Last month I decided to switch from Hawaiian Silky relaxer to Design Essentials. I heard Design Essentials doesn't relax bone straight and I wanted to see if it would make my hair silkier then the Hawaiian Silky. The only version the BBS had was the sensitive scalp one so that's the one I used. The first thing that I noticed was that it relaxed quickly. By the time I had applied relaxer to the four sections and went back to smooth, that first section was already smooth. I basically just parted through my hair and added relaxer on those spots I seemed to miss but there really wasn't much smoothing to be done at all. The second thing I noticed after I washed it out was that my hair felt strong, which is not a feeling I get after a fresh relaxer. The third thing I noticed was that my hair was silkier but still not bone straight. I actually did a corrective relaxer over the Hawaiian Silky down through my ends. My last couple of relaxers I used the mild no lye version of the Hawaiian Silky which left a lot of texture in my hair. Even after putting the Design Essentials over it they still had texture, and I loved the way my hair looked after I set it so you know I had to try some of the products.

Moisture Retention Shampoo: Doesn't give a lot of lather but doesn't leave hair feeling
stripped. It's a keeper.
Stimulations Conditioner: I can't say I get a whole lot of tingling sensation to my scalp
after using this but it does condition well. Hair feels moisturized for days. I don't really
even need a leave in with this cause it leaves my hair detangled
Expressed Conditioner: Bought this yesterday, J.C. Penny is having a sale, I got it for
$4.00. I washed my hair last night and left it on overnight. No plastic bag or heat.
I'm six weeks post retouch and it left my newgrowths are managable
HCO Leave in conditioner: Nice spray leave in. Makes hair feel soft, moisturized
Therapeutic Leave in: This is a creamy leave in, much heavier than the spray. I use it
more on my daughter's hair. I also use it on her dry hair when I'm doing her hair for
school. Leaves it moisturized
Master Setting Lotion: Decent setting lotion. I use the dilution for medium hold. Doesn't
leave hair crunchy
Nutriment Rx hairdressing creme: Very nice, moisturizes hair well, gives nice shine. First time I tried it was days after I washed my hair so I had a lot of other products in it and didn't notice a difference. After a fresh wash and removal of build up I was hooked

Botanical Oil: I mainly use this after I take down my rollerset. I combine this with the
hairdressing creme and my hair just looks beautiful
Silk Essentials: This is a serum. I'm not really impressed with this. It doesn't seem
to do anything noticable for my hair
Reflection Shine Spray: I just bought this so I don't have a solid opinion yet
Pre-treat relaxer base: I guess this is a base and also to use on the lengths of already
relaxed hair. I'll use this next relaxer.
6 N 1 Reconstructor: This is a great reconstuctor, it's balances strength and moisture.
I have used this several washes in a row without protein overload and I don't
use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I've used it with and without heat. I've
used it overnight or just for a few minutes. I've used it on dry hair before going in the
pool and still no dryness.
Wave by Design Dry Finishing Mist: Don't know why I bought this cause I think it's for
natural hair. It does make my rollerset look nice initially and has a nice hold but I
don't like the coated feeling that it leaves on my hair. Seems to make my roots
revert. Like I said I think it's for natural hair
Therapeautic Scalp treatment: This is basically a grease. I use it to grease my
daughters scalp. It has menthol in it so it feels cooling, it also has sulfur so I guess
it would promote growth as well.

Everytime I use design essentials to wash my hair I get compliments when I go out, especially after a fresh wash. The products keep my and my daughters hair moisutrized for days. A couple of weeks after the relaxer I noticed a bit of breakage to the ends and increase shedding but I attribute that to doing a corrective relaxer. That has since stopped. My daughter's shedding has also come to an end since I relaxed her hair and started using the products on her hair. I also did a corrective relaxer on her, she hasn't had any breakage or extra shedding though.

I still want to try the organic deep cleanser and the foam wrap. I'm six weeks post touch up and amazingly I'm not running to get a relaxer. I'm actually ok with the look and feel of my hair and I'm not counting down the days till my next touch up. Also.....I haven't bought another line of product since Design Essentials. Could this possibly end my PJism...at least once I've collected the whole line...we'll see

I use the Organic Cleanse as my clarifying shampoo once a month. I love the Moisture Retention Shampoo and the Stimulations Conditioner as well. I use the HCO as a heat protectant. My salon uses Design Essentials products so I use them at home as well. But I guess I need to hit up my JC Penney to see if they are having a sale too!

Best relaxer ever----I got this relaxer in jan and April of this year. I am in twists now but will use it again in Jan if I cut short my stretch.
My avi is my pic of last relaxer.

Back